1. Woke up late and went into work. It was a nice overcast day.
2. After work, Bruce and I went to Montesano’s Italian restaurant. Feeling groggy from last night’s revelries, I just had pasta fagioli (bean soup) and a couple of glasses of cabernet.
3. Watched 2 more episodes of Downton Abbey. We are in the middle of the second season and somehow it’s not quite as gripping as the first season. The story line has fallen a bit flat. I hope it starts to pick up. The World War I subplot is becoming dreadful.
1. Had a leisurely morning at Sunrise café. We brought our computers to research Tuscan hilltop towns that we would like to go to.
2. After breakfast, I went to a new cardio class at my gym called Hot Hula. It was a lot of fun gyrating my hips and working the core. However, nothing is more embarrassing than moving in an awkward, almost sexual way in front of a class of ladies. Tapas lunch at Firefly.
3. Went to happy hour with Stephanos, Ellie, Josh and Bruce. We started out at Double Helix bar and then to the Hostile Grape. Bruce and Stephanos played black jack all night while Ellie and I danced a bit. Bruce left the casino winning $100. Got home at a gawd awful hour the next day.
1. Since i’ve stopped drinking coffee, I’ve been subsisting on all sorts of teas. I bought another box of Tazo tea. This time, I’ll try some english breakfast blend, reminding me Downton Abbey. I should take out my good Spode Stafford flower pattern tea set and have a proper high tea.
2. Shoku Ramen lunch. overcast and drizzley. perfect for ramen.
3. Instead of our normal Thirsty Thursday Happy Hour, Bruce and I had a dinner date. We ate at Lavo at the Palazzo Hotel then to the Human Nature show. I’ve been wanting to see the show for a while and Bruce surprised me with tickets. Human Nature is 4 Australian guys singing Motown music really well. It was a great show. Those guys have real showmanship. Afterwards, we walked around the Palazzo and the adjacent Venetian Hotel. We ended up having gelato in St. Marks Square while listening to live musicians.
1. I was inspired to made tortang talong after reading Nicolasc’s post. It’s a Filipino eggplant dish. I made it the way she likes it, with soyrizo.
2. I beat, Josh’s Mom at Words with friends. She has become a formidable player. I like a challenge. If you want to play me, search for me under the name, Avittorio.
3. Watched 1 1/2 shows of Downton Abbey. I skipped African dance class for this. I’ve become obsessed.
1. Gym – Legs
2. We finally found an apartment in Florence to rent for our Holiday in May. I put down a deposit to secure our stay. We will be right in the heart of the historic district, near the Duomo, Santa Croce and the Piazza Signoria.
3. Watched 2 more episodes of Downton Abbey. Finished the first season and started the 2nd. First season started with the sinking of the Titanic; the second season began with the onset of World War I. I have to confess, I watch this show not just for the drama. I also enjoy the early 20th century fashion and the aristocratic culture. Also for Matthew Crawley’s good looks and baritone voice.
1. Inauguration day. I enjoyed the prayers, poetry, singers and speeches. Even though it was short, James Taylor’s performance was my personal favorite. His voice = butter.
2. It’s Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day here in America. Let’s not forget the Dream. Work was slow as everyone but us was off. Look at the pic of the parking lot at work today. It’s near empty. Had a long and leisurely afternoon break at Starbucks with Josh.
3. Bruce and I finished the night by watching a couple of episodes of Downton Abbey. He made me dinner: box frozen pizza, salad and an expensive bottle of wine.
1. Work was fairly light today. I made veggie burgers topped with brie, grilled onions tomatoes and spring greens for lunch. I didn’t want to fuss with making a side of potatoes, so instead, Bruce went out and bought us McDonalds French fries.
2. Went to Settebellos Pizza for dinner. Its my favorite pizza outside of Italy. This is a wood-fired, Naples style pizza.
3. Watched two more episodes of Downton Abbey.
1. Lounged at home. We listened to jazz and went on our computers in search of a reasonably priced apartment for rent in Florence, Italy in preparation for our holiday in May.
2. Bruce and I went out for Tapas at Firefly restaurant. We thought about inviting people to join us but decided that we need our alone time.
3. After dinner we spent a quiet evening watching Downton Abbey, a British dramatic series surrounding the life of an aristocratic family, the Crawleys and the Granthans and their servants.
1. Gym – Back and Bi’s
2. Lazy day at home doing chores.
3. Debauchery night. Went out to happy hour with a group of friends. We bar hopped at the following bars: The Lady Silvia, Bar and Bistro, Downtown Bar, Don’t tell Mamma and Drink and Drag. Present was Andy, John, Aaron, Jim, Leti, Adrian, Bruce and I. Surprise meet up with Rob and his friend. Drank Martini’s the whole night long. My favorite was at Downtown Bar where I had a gin, vermouth and a splash of orange bitter martini. It was simple but made right.
1. Lunch with friends, Josh and Bo. We went to a Thai Restaurant. I had my usual garlic tofu with forbidden rice. On our afternoon break, Josh paid for my tea. I love him.
2. After work, I picked up my brother’s golden retriever, Chloe. She will be staying with us for the next two weeks while he’s away on tour in the UK. Did I mention that my brother is a dancer for Donny and Marie?
3. Met up with Andy for happy hour at Roy’s Hawaiian Fusion. After just a few cocktails and lobster pot stickers and lobster rolls (sushi roll that is), we called it an early night. We were tired. Went to bed early.