How are you all doing?
1. D, D, D. He is such a find :) I’m so unbelievably, ridiculously happy.
2. The pretty roses he bought me
3. Having my Christmas decorations up. I am ALL about Christmas this year.
4. My first hot water bottle of Winter. Toasty!
5. My lovely local market. It’s such a treat.
6. My new boots, I’ve had them 2 weeks now and they’re getting really beautifully worn in.
7. An interesting meal at The Duck & Waffle. It was a bit up and down but the VIEW (it’s 40 floors up with incredible views over London)
8. The Killing III. So good to have some Danish TV back. Also looking forward to Borgen II.
9. Masterchef: The Professionals. After a somewhat ropey start, there’s finally some brilliant cooking.
10. A good, if absolutely fucking freezing, volunteering session on Saturday
1. IT’S EXACTLY A MONTH UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!!
2. Celebrating my first month with D :)
3. Peanut Butter Cheesecake brownies ::drool::
4. Seeing Skyfall at the IMAX, the conclusion (which I won’t mention in case it spoils it for anyone), is just fabulous in such scale
5. A great time tonight first at Lucky Voice doing some extremely tuneful and beautiful karaoke ::cough:: and then a yummy dinner at Belgo’s
6. Doing a fair bit of walking through London today, from Oxford Street, through Soho to Covent Garden and Aldwych. It was looking wonderful, lots of pretty Christmas lights and beautiful wet pavement reflections.
7. The brilliant Marmite Christmas lights on Oxford Street
8. A conclusion to the mental start to my week and an assuaging of my paranoia
9. Getting my eyebrows threaded and taking a couple of items back that I’ve had hanging around for ages, just one more to go!
10. My first friend meeting D and like him, phew and yay!
I’m having a terrible regression today, I went away for the weekend and forgot to take my medication; two days without it (though I popped one late in the evening yesterday when I got back) and I thought I’d got away with it but today I’ve had the most incredible rage I’ve had for a long time (something I can’t believe I used to have almost every day) and this evening I’ve just felt deflated and sad. It’s super shitty I can tell you. However, this is not the point of this goal(I just needed to get this off my chest) so here is some of the good things from the past week:
1. Masterchef: The Professionals. Last week had some really good contestants
2. SKYFALL! OMG, it’s so good!
3. Seeing a friend I’ve not met up with for a while
4. Making a CD for D which he loved, so pleasing :)
5. A nice weekend at my Dad’s seeing his new house and his super flashy new kitchen – it’s soooo swishy and nice!
6. Discovering Monkey 47 gin, yum yum
7. First Class train travel. Love a weekend upgrade.
8. Pop Charts Britannia on BBC Four. It was really really excellent, I thoroughly recommend catching it on iPlayer
9. Lisa Riley on Strictly and her wonderful fringed dress
10. Finally finding some Winter boots I can get on! Hooray!
1. A whole weekend spent with D :)
2. A delicious lunch at a nice pub in Kentish Town. Such good meat though terribly slow service
3. Watching Strictly and X-Factor with someone and being able to laugh and take the piss and so on.
4. Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference Colombian Coffee Cake
5. Lovely clean sheets and matching pillows, finally!
1. Masterchef: The Professionals. A slow start that’s now fully charging.
2. Having some excellent inspiration vis-a-vis Christmas presents
3. Firming up more Christmas socialising plans!
4. Doing a long tedious task at work that no-one else had previously been able to tackle.
5. Claiming my two free coffees without trauma or reproach
1. D. He is the best thing ever and I will keep mentioning this because I just can’t get over how lucky I am to have found him :)
2. Making two sets of fantastic plans for the Christmas period. I’m going to be such a busy bee!
3. Lovely crisp weather. OK so being chilly is rubbish but I love it when it’s cold and bright and fresh.
4. Masterchef: The Professionals
5. Making some excellent plans for Sunday including managing to get a table at a Time Out recommended pub that sounds ace
1. A lovely lunch with a couple of good girlfriends and the baby. He is lovely and was smitten with my hair!
2. Seeing D. Things are just getting better and better. It’s the best.
3. Salt beef, amazing brownies and a praline latte
4. The lovely mix CD that D made for me
5. Finding a great looking salon to have my hair done. It’s bloody cool though so just need to get the guts to go, they’ve already tweeted me which is encouraging and I’ve heard good reports so hopefully it’ll be soon. I’ve also added it as a goal to kick me up the arse!
1. Bad coffee, morning rage, angry email, leading to 2 free coffees! Woo!
2. A free bottle of wine :D
3. Some quality lols at work, with the lovely Big Boss who sadly isn’t my department’s Big Boss
4. Excellent sales on eBay, as long as they all pay!
5. Making my first Christmas plans, god I bloody love Christmas!
Happy New Month everyone!
1. A bearable day at work, and a meeting I thought would be hideous being OK.
2. Lots of goodies, including Nigel Slater’s Kitchen Diaries II and a box of incredible chocolates.
3. D making me laugh and smile in public, like a complete soppy idiot
4. A yummy hazelnut latte
5. Tracey Thorn’s wonderful, melancholy Christmas album (the majority of which is barely Christmassy at all so fine for early November!)
I’m not a Hallowe’en person at all so HUMBUG to that! (though it’s probably more accurate to say CINDER TOFFEE! or similar…)
I do have some grats though (which also cover the last 5 days or so) so:
1. That the stupid headache I work up with went away and despite a few minor warning signs I don’t seem to be headed down the fluey/cold route…
2. My lovely, silly boyfriend and all the wonderful reaction from all my friends about it all
3. The fabulousness that is Lisa Riley on Strictly Come Dancing. It makes me so happy to see a fat girl properly going for it and being great and no-one treating her like a figure of fun. (she came top of the leader-board in week one, brilliant!)
4. Pumpkin Spice Lattes… OH MY GOD
5. The extra hour on Sunday and the resulting dark evenings. I’m a Winter baby and I love how cosy and Christmassy this time of year is.