Am I ever going to succeed with this goal? It’s been a challenging month (with more challenges to come) and this seems difficult and too hard to continue pursuing right now. Maybe try again in June. Maybe give up on this and add a “Lose 5 kg” goal instead.
Cornucopia has written 9 entries about this goal
Loss – 0.4 kg
Total Loss – 4.1 kg
Loss – 1.5 kg (didn’t weigh last week)
Total loss – 3.7 kg
Loss – 0.4 kg
Total loss – 1.9 kg
Loss – 1.5 kg
Total loss – 1.5 kg
A good start:)
this has been hanging round for a long time. I’m getting it done starting now!!
I’ve got time off in between jobs and I’m using the time to try and turn around some bad eating habits. Long working hours and lots of travel has meant that I’ve got into the habit of eating lots of processed and convenient food. On top of that sugar has always been a problem for me – I eat way too much of it. So after reading a book and being highly motivated I’m going to try eating for optimal health which means whole foods are in and most sugars are out. I’m not going hardcore – fruit is still in (it’s not a problem food for me and the nutritional benefits outweigh any risks) and I’m going to play it by ear when it comes to eating out and just make the best choices I can. I’ve been out to a cafe with someone who was eating sugar free and the interrogation about every item on the menu meant that I think the cafe staff were pleased to see the back of us. This approach fits in with a lot of my other goals so I’m going to give it a two week trial. I can do this for 2 weeks.
1 step forward and about 3 steps back. Psychologically this goal is kind of in conflict with another one (although it shouldn’t be if I get my $x%x# together). I’ve just finished reading Sweet Poison by David Gillespie and I know a big part of my weight problem is caused by an excess consumption of sugar. So I guess logically that’s the thing that has to go.
My plan to lose 10 kg over Winter is going great. So far I’ve lost 2.5 kg and this on top of my other weight loss this year means my clothes are starting to feel really loose now. It’s great to have some ongoing sucess with this goal. My plan for this year was to give it a good nudge and it’s happening!
Cornucopia has gotten 17 cheers on this goal.
- ligumbyte cheered this 7 months ago
- writing to reach you cheered this 8 months ago
- seeking~serenity cheered this 8 months ago
- Ponyo cheered this 10 months ago
- ClumsyPanda cheered this 10 months ago
- Endrina cheered this 10 months ago
- Andromeda cheered this 13 months ago
- Gumersinda cheered this 13 months ago
- Dragon_Lady cheered this 13 months ago
- Pete cheered this 14 months ago
- starie cheered this 15 months ago
- whisperssoftly cheered this 15 months ago
- superintend cheered this 15 months ago
- ☺☺ Attitude ☺☺ cheered this 17 months ago
- maga2010 cheered this 17 months ago
- nouvelle jen cheered this 18 months ago
- TangerineRose cheered this 18 months ago