I haven’t finished the first draft and I’m constantly editing already… I’m bored with the story when I read it, it needs a lot of rewrites…. But actually, what I need to do is make an outline before I go into a writing session rather than just rely on random inspiration.
www.advantagefamily.com/ Our successful authors share tips to write a book to grow a business
www.be-published-canada.com/ Publish Your Book With Us. Request A Free Consultation Today!
www.authorhouse.com/ AuthorHouse's Easy Process Will Get Your Book Published Fast & Easy
www.dorrancepublishing.com/ We take care of the publishing for you. Get a free consultation today!
www.author31.com/ Gain Industry Credibility & Become A Magnet to Prospects. Free Report!
Rudiano Bambino has written 25 entries about this goal
I put 3 chapters online (http://www.wattpad.com/story/3977715-the-equation-of-everything) and hopefully should be working on finishing the story later….Definitely won’t finish today (unless I can find inspiration for 40,000 more words but as I’m ill in bed, with no voice, I might as well work on this!)
Feel free to critique, all feedback welcome (just no cursing please!) :P
- Write, write, write.Good writers aren’t born that way. They become that way through practice.
- Read. Learn from others. Get to know the rules before you set about breaking them to be fresh.
- Writing a novel takes stamina, courage and encouragement. Typically 2 years…or in my case 4 years and counting!
So when you feel you are failing at this goal, tell your inner critic in a loud voice:
Excuse me, I’m climbing the literary MOUNTAIN!!!
Then pat yourself on the back for having got off your backside in the first place. Not everybody does that.
...with the help of a friend. I am still 35,000 words short of a novel but I got invaluable pointers. What I am writing is a sci-fi, so even though I am focusing on making my story gripping and jammed pack with action, I need to choose my words carefully so it sounds a bit more futuristic. And I have to re-organize chapters so the story flows better. I tend to jump around from scene to scene in an effort to keep the reader on his/her toes but it gets a bit confusing.
I’m happy though because he couldn’t put the script down before he finished…which can’t be a bad sign! :P
Back in the literary world! Thoroughly enjoyed this monday’s Write Night and Flash Fiction exercise (a piece of 300 to 500 words I think) using the 20 words suggested. I did it. Managed to get it with exactly 300 words and everybody seemed to have loved it! To be honest though, I put my heart in the reading. The others had great pieces but I think the reading didn’t do them justice…Nerves I believe. I’m glad I’m a performer!!!
Now, I need to get back to my projects. It’s been long enough!
No way I will reach 50,000 words by the end of the month. But I will try my best. I’m not even half way through yet but it’s certainly an improvement on last year! Looks like even when I hurry up, I’m still quite slow! Oh well I’ll blame the laid back caribbean in me…
For the second year running, doing NanoWriMo. I hope this time I will actually stick to it rather than giving up at about 1000 words!!! I doubt I will reach 50,000 but hopefully I’ll be close. That first draft is taking way too long :(
I tell you what. I’m going to do it then reward myself at the end. Ditch my ancient dinosaur of a laptop and get that new one I’ve been eyeing up lately… Why not! End of the month
I should have completed this last year really, if I had maintained the regularity. Regularity is a struggle, never been good at sticking to plans. But we’re getting there slowly. 4,013 words on the novel, 1,742 on the sequel.
My goodness, I’m not even half way through the first book, have started the sequel already…Yeah, thats me.
Its weird, all it is is creating an imaginary world. Its not like I have to design the Earth and its biodiversity to support real life!
And yet, this is challenging. All has to be interlinked, believable, life-like, and on top of that, its gotta be gripping. Flipping heck. Why do I wanna write again? Oh yes, I know. Passive income init. :-P
Rudiano Bambino has gotten 64 cheers on this goal.
- Ponyo cheered this 4 weeks ago
- BunataL cheered this 3 months ago
- TashaBlue cheered this 3 months ago
- Hoffy cheered this 3 months ago
- Effy_ cheered this 4 months ago
- ranger1138 cheered this 6 months ago
- TopazWolf cheered this 7 months ago
- Tia7abc cheered this 7 months ago
- liwymi cheered this 8 months ago
- Gumersinda cheered this 8 months ago
- Kira cheered this 8 months ago
- Tim Jones cheered this 9 months ago
- Cherry87 cheered this 9 months ago
- Well, that's Ood cheered this 9 months ago
- Ru ~ dig deeper cheered this 9 months ago
- LaTrice Brandon cheered this 9 months ago
- Nereidda cheered this 10 months ago
- MMiller0601 cheered this 10 months ago
- rosewilder cheered this 11 months ago
- iitjee cheered this 11 months ago
- TajLV cheered this 12 months ago