Open faced smoked salmon sandwich. Homemade cocktail sauce on the bread, lettuce, smoked salmon, sliced onion, sprinkle of sesame seeds. Delicious.
DocD has written 175 entries about this goal
Mash half an avocado with salsa, scramble in one egg and cook. Green eggs but no ham. It’s healthier that way. A banana is nice too.
is often late for his 6:30 PM class, in which case, he takes me out to dinner. Last night was to a Russian restaurant in Kichijoj. This first shot is a mixed cold plate. The only one I remember is the red one. It had potato on the bottom, herring and cabbage, shredded beet, and sour cream on top. The name translated into Herring in a Fur Coat. (See other shots).
Her choice was a high class izakaya. (Food in comments)
A student gave me a box of wagashi. These are a very old style of Japanese sweet, often included in tea ceremony. The outside may be mochi or a cake like substance, but inside will usually be anko. Anko is sweet bean paste. Inside these were three types of anko: red, from azuki beans; white, from lima beans; and black, from black soy beans. All are boiled, mashed, and sweetened with sugar. Wagashi are works of art and take a food artist a lot of time to create. They’re quite expensive. I kind of feel bad eating such beauty.
The yellow cakes on the left are tamago. Then, top row is maguro, buri, kampachi, shirogai, and kazunoko. Second row: ebi, ikura, uni (my favorite), and kani.
Down the street from me where town center begins is a small Spanish tapas restaurant. I started out on Spanish wine, but soon switched to a Cali old vine zin. (Shots of food in comments)
SYL’s cuz Yuka was staying with us for a few days. We took her out to dinner last night to Yurei (ghost). Here’s the entrance. See more shots.
Most of you know what onigiri are, but have you ever tried yaki onigiri? Minus the nori wrap, and no filler, the nigiri is brushed with shoyu and grilled till golden brown. It gets a bit crispy on the outside. This one came with a broth.
I took home a couple of Margarita pizzas for lunch to SYL and J2 (who got home at 7 AM after a night of partying and karaoke with her friends).
DocD has gotten 60 cheers on this goal.
- Douglas cheered this 2 weeks ago
- Sarah Kay cheered this 3 weeks ago
- ligumbyte cheered this 4 weeks ago
- Cherry87 cheered this 1 month ago
- mellowpuffzz cheered this 3 months ago
- apteryx cheered this 3 months ago
- sweet_disposition cheered this 4 months ago
- 1_Kewl_PunkDude cheered this 4 months ago
- saminmit cheered this 4 months ago
- hhannah cheered this 6 months ago
- Katie cheered this 7 months ago
- Nicnow cheered this 7 months ago
- sweetlady628 cheered this 8 months ago
- sandhosa cheered this 9 months ago
- 1orangepie cheered this 9 months ago
- dec80 cheered this 9 months ago
- Paper_Cake cheered this 11 months ago
- Roslyn Byrne cheered this 12 months ago
- HootHope cheered this 12 months ago
- skyPRINCE cheered this 12 months ago
- Rae cheered this 14 months ago