Finished this book last night – The motivation to finish it was per my friend, Derek, as he finished the book before I did. It was a quick read, once sticking with it. I liked it.
ElkLikeGirl has written 6 entries about this goal
Read another Neil LaBute play over the weekend – was very very good. I would like to see them performed and read more LaBute plays.
Started Candy Freak today…I’m almost half-way through, at this point. I do like the explanations of obsession and, yes, the book makes me completely desire chocolate and candy more than I already do…which, I didn’t think, was possible. Very fun read…
Finished reading Neil LaBute’s collection of short stories, ‘Seconds of Pleasure.’ I can’t say I would recommend it to others – unless he/she is a Neil LaBute fan an already knows what the stories must be like…this is written in the distinct style that is LaBute, often shocking, dark, and honest.
Finished ‘Love is a Mix Tape…’ over the weekend. It was a very well-written story of love, loss, music…I enjoyed reading it and, I think, I learned a lot from it as well. I would like to write a book like this one.
I finished reading Eleanor Rigby today…this is a Coupland novel. I really liked the beginning. I was into the character development and theme…and then, wasn’t as pleased with Act II. Seemed to become unecessarily complex. Still, overall, a good read.
ElkLikeGirl has gotten 10 cheers on this goal.
- senji1101 cheered this 15 months ago
- Agpious cheered this 4 years ago
- Chimmypoo29 cheered this 4 years ago
- Lisa cheered this 5 years ago
- Buriedinabook cheered this 5 years ago
- nealcassady cheered this 5 years ago
- EllieBeauty cheered this 5 years ago
- D. W. cheered this 5 years ago
- keylimepies cheered this 5 years ago
- alexw07 cheered this 6 years ago