was my max on this. I’m giving up. Not a high enough priority to be on the list at this point. Maybe I’ll come back later.
www.upwave.com/Workout Learn How to Make Every Minute Count in Your Workout at upwave!
www.crete-rite.com/ Concrete Made Beautiful! From simple to lavish we do it all.
www.carpetone.com/ Experience Soft & Resilient Innovia Carpet. Request a Free Estimate.
www.lifescript.com/Multiple_Sclerosis & More Multiple Sclerosis Facts. Get The Medical Advice You Need!
ExGratia has written 8 entries about this goal
2:46 and I suffered for that extra second. Followed up with a rest, then two one minute sets, w/ a rest between them, to keep pushing my endurance.
I’ve not been diligent with this lately, and I’ve backslidden to 2:30. This week, its planks every day, no excuses.
Coming along well…yoga rocks the core and helps me stay focused, its really helping me progress with the plank goal faster than I expected.
My abs were BURNING but I was much less shaky than normal. I think the yoga is helping.
but less shaky.
This morning I learned that it is highly entertaining to my cat to watch me struggle. It took a lot of focus to complete the last 15 seconds as he kept walking under me, and doing that cat nuzzle thing to my head.
I was shaking like a leaf at one minute 45, so the last 15 were a serious challenge to hold until 2 was all I could take.
I followed up with 1 minute set, then a 48 sec. set
1 minute, 30 seconds.
Planks are pretty much the best core exercise there is, because they engage all the core muscles evenly. Abs, hips, back, glutes are all engaged to hold the body steady. If I can hold a 5 minute plank by March, I feel I will have developed a core that will really help support my cycling efforts, and will be beneficial to my quality of life in general. A good core makes movement easier, alleviates back problems, and improves balance.
ExGratia has gotten 14 cheers on this goal.
- Rs:) naanu cheered this 3 years ago
- nivter cheered this 3 years ago
- goddessglendonia cheered this 3 years ago
- ready steady cheered this 3 years ago
- oceangopher cheered this 4 years ago
- Endrina cheered this 4 years ago
- ntg cheered this 4 years ago
- dragonfly35 cheered this 4 years ago
- Segue cheered this 4 years ago
- redstar cheered this 4 years ago
- StuartieG cheered this 4 years ago
- Tarrador cheered this 4 years ago
- gilloulalal cheered this 4 years ago
- Bee(Q) cheered this 4 years ago