more of a private goal. Although there won’t be any action on this front I think I’ll keep the goal up for until I’ve completed my record for the year.
Fernweh has written 84 entries about this goal
- working from home and getting a lot done
- R coming home for lunch, getting free pizza
- the guy in the pizza shop letting us have free pizza for a second day running although they’ve introduced a one free pizza per customer rule.
- Judo with different guest instructor who used useful metaphors when describing how to do things- managed to pick up on a lot of little things that would have otherwise gone over my head.
- being able to comfort a friend.
- bright day
- getting work done
- free pizza
- R coming home for lunch, eating together in the park
- buying a book each from a local charity shop
- breakfast in bed, and kind encouragement when I was feeling demotivated and wanted to skip my class.
- beautiful day and good light for photos
- being able to use the showers in the sports centre as the boiler at home needed to be fixed.
- finding that the showers at the sports centre weren’t cold after all. Had a bad experience in the first term and hadn’t ventured back until now.
- decided that it would be a good idea to pop my bag right outside the shower cubicle so I could see that it was still there (as it had my camera, phone and purse in). A minute into my shower I looked round to see that all the water from the shower was running towards my bag. Hastily reached under the cubicle door and tried to shove the bag aside whilst remaining in the cubicle, but the stream of water was wider than my reach. Luckily some angel on the other side offered to help and moved my bag to safety.
- tidying up the kitchen area
- R only having one lecture early on in the day and coming home after it was done
- different instructor teaching our Judo session
- seeing a hedgehog on the way home
- customizing our basic pizzas
We had a bit of a fire. We’re lucky that it happened when it did, and that we didn’t lose any of our possessions.
At around 6pm our lights went off and our emergency light came on. R went down to the shared utility cupboard to check the fuses, whilst I stayed in bed. Ironically you tend to be wearing the wrong clothes when these things happen. I was enjoying my first pyjama day in as long as I could remember. Old oversized flannel ones which I’d got from my gran.
When R checked the fuses, he smelt burning and smelt it stronger when he came back up. In our studio apartment you can generally see the whole flat from where you are, but there’s a crawlspace where we store things and where the boiler lives. He opened the little door and sure enough there was a good-sized little fire going. I called 999 and he started filling up water.
I just remember shouting down the phone and trying to drag on some more practical clothes. The fire alarm hadn’t even gone off (although it works perfectly well when you’re making toast at midnight).
The fire brigade came really fast but thanks to R’s quick thinking he’d put most of it out with the water. I wouldn’t have dared. The crawlspace is long and narrow and low and the only light in it was the light of the fire. The fire-brigade made sure the lagging around the boiler was fully extinguished and that there was no burning in the boiler itself. We’re just so lucky that we were there when it happened. My mum was saying that it could have happened when we were asleep. I don’t even want to think about that.
- Saturday morning lie-in
- a browse through the local charity shops. Found a complete Scrabble game for £1, a couple of books, a french
‘sagittaire’ Diddle mug and some crafting paper punches.
- an afternoon of computer games
- sunshine and rain, hunting for a rainbow and finding it.
- R’s lovely fajitas.
- P’s party
- good healthcare appointment, had some routine tests done and they came back negative (wasn’t really worried about them but it’s good if everything is normal).
- my lecturer saying hi to me. Thought it was nice that she recognised me from class.
- lunch with coursemates
- long chat with S. after class- I’m starting to feel like I’m making a couple of friends here. There are quite a few people in my class who I chat to, but I’m always a bit shy about hanging out outside uni…
- beautiful spring day and blue skies for the first time in many days.
- free Maltesers as part of a promotion
- getting the manoeuvres right when demonstrating to the group in Judo, was sure that I wasn’t quite doing it right but the instructor thought it was ‘perfect’.
- brightest day we’ve had for ages, still complete cloud cover but not as low, and more varied. We even had a nice sunset to finish.
- paying back the sleep deficit
- listening to a couple of good archived radio programmes on Radio 4 about sperm donor kids meeting their half siblings, domestic slavery, Nannies and panda breeding. A bit of a mixed bunch but it helped with the housework.
- a smile from a stranger
Fernweh has gotten 43 cheers on this goal.
- Steeny cheered this 2 years ago
- SpinCycle cheered this 2 years ago
- phantoma cheered this 2 years ago
- PeaceHopeLife cheered this 2 years ago
- Willow cheered this 2 years ago
- moutanie cheered this 2 years ago
- striker071 cheered this 2 years ago
- jeimey cheered this 2 years ago
- octoberclovered cheered this 2 years ago
- chocmatcha cheered this 2 years ago
- she's afraid of the light in the dark cheered this 2 years ago
- Bartłomiej cheered this 2 years ago
- Colleen_C_C cheered this 2 years ago
- renewalsh cheered this 2 years ago
- sweetlady628 cheered this 2 years ago
- Midnight_Vampire cheered this 2 years ago
- Harmless Dilettante cheered this 2 years ago
- The Chocolate Girl! cheered this 2 years ago
- Bernadette cheered this 2 years ago
- chipswithsalsasauce cheered this 2 years ago
- Bilal Al-Bakri cheered this 2 years ago