1. Almost putting a 5 złoty coin in the tip jar at Starbucks
2. The e-mails in my in box were not too ominous
3. Coming home to a gift from a friend
4. Telling stories from my travels
5. Most of my editing is done – time for uploading
This column at Malbork Castle reminded me of a flower.
1. Nine hours of sleep plus a great nap
2. The wood pile is cleaned up for the summer
3. A note and photos from the man in Poland who helped with my family research
4. The sun did come out
5. Reflecting on a great vacation
Amania and I took this photo with a mini-pod on a freezing night in Gdansk. We liked the night time shots but were frustrated with the limitations of th mini-pod. On our return to Wrocław, we went out and purchased a proper tripod.
1. Catching up with my friend
2. Both lawn mowers started up this spring
3. Finally unpacked
4. Time to edit photos
Due to the limited light, this is not the clearest of shots but depicts a huge cavern carved out in the Wieliczka Salt Mine outside of Krakow. Except for the lights and other fixtures, everything here is carved from salt, deep underground. It was a place for the miner to come to pray for safety.
1. Nine hours of sleep
2. Going to the park
3. Feeding the squirrels
4. Seafood dinner
5. Telling my mother about my Polish adventure
One of the first photos that I took in Poland.
1. Not letting a cancelled flight get me all flustered
2. Free lunch as compensation for a flight delay
3. Being able to sleep on the plane
4. Having just enough time to transfer planes in Munich
5. Being thankful for an amazing adventure in Poland (and other places) with Amania
Another view of Prague at night. We had to hike up a long, steep hill for this shot.
1. Deciding to visit Dresden
2. Taking a chance and climbing to the top of the dome
3. Using the rain to make more interesting shots
4. “James” our rental GPS unit’s British voice for guiding us
5. Evening photo shows
Along the Elbe River in the old city
1. Seeing Dresden and all its beautiful buildings
2. Breakfast at an outdoor cafe on the main square
3. The best weather of this vacation
4. An amazing fountain
5. Feeling like I have experienced an amazing adventure
Tonight, is the last evening of this trip. We are sitting in an outdoor cafe in Wroclaw, listening to live jazz, and sipping beer. It has been an amazing adventure.
1. An easy drive to Prague
2. Czech food and beer
3. The Charles Bridge
4. The Astronomical Clock
5. Evening Prague photo safari
Plans to visit another town from which my family emigrated fell through so we decided to take a road trip to Prague in the Czech Republic.
1. Sleeping in
2. Polish pancakes with New Hampshire maple syrup
3. Seeing the sites of Wrocław
4. Sitting in an outdoor café
5. Feling very calm and relaxed.
Another photo from our photo shoot last night
1. Good weather today
2. Shopping and site seeing
3. A night time photo safari in Wrocław
4. A late night beer
5. The night bus