“I can’t fall asleep…it’s peach black in here!” -Clara
www.peoplefinders.com/ Current Address, Phone and Age. Find Clara audrey, Anywhere.
GrammaG has written 9 entries about this goal
Clara’s coming down with a sore throat, and this morning she let us know:
“The pipes in my throat are sore, and they’re making my voice all crumbly.”
Audrey’s teacher somewhat shared an Audrey quote with Eric this week. He was in the classroom dropping off her hat and gloves, and the kids were off in P.E. The teacher stopped him and said, “I’ve been meaning to ask you, is it true Audrey was born in Paris?!?” Oh dear. I had a tall tale phase when I was around her age so I guess I have this coming.
We spent some time at the zoo today and Audrey and Clara felt inspired to compose the following song on the way home. It’s sung with a country twang.
I’m picking my nose
like the monkeys in the zoo
I’m licking my toes
like the monkeys in the zoo
And I’m flinging my poo
just like the monkeys in the zoo
Eric and I usually discourage potty mouth, but we just had to laugh at this little ditty.
Tonight Clara made up a little song that I now can’t get out of my head:
“Everybody’s kids say…PURPLE THUNDER (purple thunder).
Everybody’s kids say…PURPLE THUNDER (sing along with me).”
Just discovered this morning this was on Bubble Guppies. So, not quite as creative, but still pretty cute :)
This was Clara’s excited exclamation with each and every present she opened this Christmas. I think she got almost and always confused :)
“Now if you’ll just excuse me, I’ll be taking this in the other room.”
-said by Audrey as she took it upon herself to take her dinner in the living room in the hopes of watching TV while she ate. I couldn’t help but laugh at her hoity-toity tone.
-something Clara asks approximately 300 times a day. If Audrey leaves her sight for even a moment, she throws up her hands, gets a quizzical look on her face and asks “where’s Audrey?” over and over.
Said by Audrey while playing piano recital at grandma’s house. She’d go into the other room and then prance her way to the piano while shouting, “Give it up for Audrey!” I’m not sure where she heard that expression!
I wish I’d been doing this all along since I’m sure there are a lot of gems I’ll never remember. I’ll try to think of some old classics in addition to keeping a running list of their current quips.
“I don’t like it when people laugh when I’m suffering.”
-said during a major meltdown in the van when I wouldn’t pull over to put a new DVD in the player. I had no idea she even knew the word suffering!
“I want to eat with Pork Chops.”
-said while eating Chinese take-out…she wanted to use Eric’s chop sticks :)
-The other day I found Clara hunched down examining something. When I asked her what she was looking at, she looked up at me with a huge smile and shouted, “Bug!” It was the first time I’d ever heard her say the word.
-Said many times since its first appearance yesterday. Usually directed at a piece of food.
GrammaG has gotten 35 cheers on this goal.
- Todd Schoonover cheered this 2 months ago
- Living In God's Exquisite, Miraculous Sufficiency cheered this 2 months ago
- DanT1999 cheered this 2 months ago
- Optionally_Mine cheered this 5 months ago
- Harmless Dilettante cheered this 6 months ago
- sitruunapuu cheered this 7 months ago
- Dreamer~ cheered this 7 months ago
- Straha cheered this 16 months ago
- dragonfly35 cheered this 16 months ago
- sammeee cheered this 2 years ago
- aka cheered this 2 years ago
- bp cheered this 2 years ago
- ideclaire cheered this 2 years ago
- blueberryKiss cheered this 2 years ago
- yogamom cheered this 2 years ago
- JadedForever cheered this 2 years ago
- octoberclovered cheered this 2 years ago
- nonnacookbooker cheered this 2 years ago
- Josh cheered this 2 years ago
- 14cauliflowers cheered this 2 years ago
- starstuff cheered this 2 years ago