I am excited about going to see this exhibit!
www.eonline.com/TheWanted Watch The UK Pop Band Take on LA. Series Premieres June 2nd 10/9c.
www.oreo.com/WONDERFILLED/ Listen to the New OREO Song. Discover the Wonder of OREO!
GreenLongings has written 6 entries about this goal
I’m going to be at the Global Activism Expo! The music looks to be great, and I’ll enjoy spending time with my friends in the activist group I’m part of these days. Yay!
some hikes in forest preserves around here. They won’t involve steep slopes like the one I had with sisters last Saturday, but the fragrances of growing things, and the abundant oxygen, will be SO good for me.
And this coming Saturday I’ll be spending at least a couple of hours at the Museum of Contemporary Art – maybe alone, maybe with a friend.
I started the day with a brisk walk to the Indo-Pak area, where I found a grocery that was open and got most of the items on my current curry list! That was a 3-mile round trip, so it gave me great exercise too.
After coming home, breakfasting, and showering, I took another brisk walk to pick up a freelance project (I love having a client whose managing editor lives just a mile from my place!). Then I proceeded to the low-cost grocery store to buy two boxes of clementines, and then on to the site of the LOTR marathon. (The clementines were my contribution to lunch/snack/supper eats.)
We watched the extended/expanded versions of all three movies, and I loved living in Middle Earth for those 12.5 hours (minus the short breaks we took for eating and chatting). Very good for the soul.
This afternoon I cooked a new curry, and it came out fabulous! Beautiful too – bright colors and a lovely combination of textures, especially since I served it over red quinoa.
One wonderful Saturday (and Sunday) accomplished!
I’ll be at a friend’s house, with a couple dozen other folks, for a 12+-hour Lord of the Rings movie marathon!
I got a great curry cookbook for Christmas, and I already had a slow-cooker curry book. So I want to PLAN excursions to Devon Avenue (Indo-Pak shopping) and Argyle Street (Little Vietnam), to browse in grocery stores & find some of the Asian ingredients that I don’t normally keep in my kitchen.
More broadly, I want to dream up some other fun plans for my weekends in the coming year. I’ll have to work on freelance projects on many Saturdays, but not all. Must not become an utter drudge.
GreenLongings has gotten 67 cheers on this goal.
- GeorgiaRain101 cheered this 3 months ago
- Matt Maldre cheered this 3 months ago
- Life_Starts_Now cheered this 3 months ago
- 30Ballerinas cheered this 4 months ago
- Being Bryn cheered this 4 months ago
- Cornucopia cheered this 4 months ago
- quiddities cheered this 6 months ago
- whahappen cheered this 6 months ago
- rosewilder cheered this 7 months ago
- calypte cheered this 7 months ago
- IWABMY cheered this 7 months ago
- Amy A cheered this 7 months ago
- dragonfly35 cheered this 7 months ago
- Turandot cheered this 7 months ago
- Faustus cheered this 8 months ago
- starburst1982 cheered this 8 months ago
- hellbaby cheered this 8 months ago
- atinygoat cheered this 9 months ago
- jimrin cheered this 9 months ago
- juneair cheered this 10 months ago
- ghostsintowers cheered this 10 months ago