I’m working on my long forgotten budget. Time to take a look at where our money is going…
Gwendydd has written 9 entries about this goal
See where else I can “painlessly” reduce our expenses
Open up an account for my son’s future
Educate myself and be brave enough to start to invest a little
I’m earning a little bit more, and I’m still reasonably frugal.
I have no debt whatsoever. We’ll have spend some cash this season (because of the holidays, with my mom being ill and all) and next year (some needed home improvements), but I wish to learn to invest in 2007, even if on a very small scale.
Working like crazy, got my scholarship… I’ll get there.
At least I have no debt. That’s already something.
But I have only a couple of months of savings.
The problem is right now I earn too little money. I’ve been more a “mom” than anything else in these last three years, but I want to make more money now. Money enough to be able to support me and my son, if need be. That’s what independence means for me. And money enough to save something, too.
Sold my old oboe. It’s little money, a small step. But I’m saving part of it, and everything counts.
I completed another small job, and I’m pretty sure I’ve got a buyer for my oboe.
I guess I put all of my financial goals here, but they are all really working together.
I always look for sales, stock up and plan my meals around what’s on sale, what’s in season and what’s left in the pantry, and I thought I could remember the price of everything we use at home, but it’s getting too much for me to handle, so… I’m starting a price book. I’m listing everything we buy regularly in alphabetical order, and then I need to buy a small notebook (I think an address book would be better).
I also made a dreaded phone call to see if I can sell my oboe.
Actually, I had earn more money/be financially independent as two separate goals, but for me this one implies the “earn more money” goal.
I’m working hard to get a scholarship, but that doesn’t always work out, so I’m also updating my resume.
Gwendydd has gotten 62 cheers on this goal.
- rainbowscorpion cheered this 5 days ago
- viridianag0 cheered this 1 month ago
- Rae cheered this 7 months ago
- littlepeterpan cheered this 8 months ago
- itsasecret cheered this 19 months ago
- Steve Barnett cheered this 4 years ago
- mia76 cheered this 5 years ago
- goalgirl89 cheered this 5 years ago
- SpartanVartan cheered this 5 years ago
- RuthG cheered this 5 years ago
- bookmanu - See where my books are running cheered this 5 years ago
- GrammaG cheered this 5 years ago
- ooo miki ooo cheered this 5 years ago
- loveinthecure cheered this 5 years ago
- Ellie cheered this 5 years ago
- A Staggering Rat of Heartbreaking Something or Other cheered this 5 years ago
- Charl Heydenrych cheered this 5 years ago
- x_melanie_x cheered this 6 years ago
- Got Papi? (Papacito) cheered this 6 years ago
- lachatte cheered this 6 years ago
- John_OZ_banjo cheered this 6 years ago