Years ago, I was bored at the Vancouver airport and had little cash. I decided to buy this tacky snowglobe because I could. This is the first one that started my collection. Aren’t you glad things like this exist? Where would we be without them? Vancouver has no real tourist trap attraction like the Eiffel Tower in Paris, so all the designer could dream up was the skyline. Too funny.
www.triptogether.com/ Meet a Partner for Your Vacation. Mutual Travel Benefits. Join Free!
www.snowtech.co.kr/ Create Amazing Snow Effect Anywhere with Snowtech Snow Making Machines
HavanaCat has written 9 entries about this goal
The ultimate in tackiness…it’s a snowglobe of the Louvre, in a rectangular shape, and it’s also, da da DA….a fridge magnet. Yay! I got it from my sister-in-law who went to France recently. It has sparkle snow and is precious!
My dear friend Tippy Toes brought me back an excellent cheap plastic snowglobe from Paris. It has a cheesy gold Eiffel Tower, and it has the old-fashioned snow, instead of the newer sparkles that aren’t as effective. Cheers to Tippy Toes! I’ll have to revise this goal to include snowglobes as gifts.
The old style plastic dome snow globes are out, and the glass orb snow globes are in. I didn’t buy any in Turkey or Portugal because they were all the new glass ball style and not the same. But when friends travel, and I tell them not to buy one if it’s the new style, they still come home with the glass orb type for me. So, now I have one from Rome that’s extremely tacky, and one from Banff, so I kind of wish I’d bought them in Turkey and Portugal. The best tacky souvenir I bought for my sister-in-law in Portugal was a 5 inch tall statue of Lady Fatima that changes color according to the weather. I wish I’d bought one for myself.
This is another example of tack. Isn’t it great?
Another lame-o snowglobe. Are they supposed to be tacky?
This is so lame.
Besides buying them myself, friends and family buy me snowglobes when they travel, and so far I have 10. I couldn’t find one anywhere in the souvenir shops in the Adirondacks…so disappointing. My life’s purpose is to get a snowglobe from Graceland. I wonder if they have them there? Ha!
HavanaCat has gotten 24 cheers on this goal.
- jordansjourneys cheered this 15 months ago
- Cherise cheered this 20 months ago
- Ladysocks cheered this 23 months ago
- atinygoat cheered this 23 months ago
- sitruunapuu cheered this 2 years ago
- JadedForever cheered this 2 years ago
- erika1661 cheered this 3 years ago
- SlayneB cheered this 3 years ago
- SWAZ cheered this 3 years ago
- GrammaG cheered this 3 years ago
- Luda cheered this 3 years ago
- LouLou_Eeyore cheered this 3 years ago
- Stephmo cheered this 4 years ago
- schwerz cheered this 4 years ago
- picklethefish cheered this 4 years ago
- Ru ~ dig deeper cheered this 4 years ago
- SoldierJane cheered this 4 years ago
- AmyBB25 cheered this 4 years ago
- Chatoyant cheered this 4 years ago
- PixelPeach cheered this 5 years ago
- sunflowers&roses cheered this 5 years ago