60 is sneaking up on me. I am already somewhat healthier than I was at 50. I weigh less for one thing and that is nothing to sneeze at. Some of the things that I want to work on and be better at are:
1) Continue to eliminate the clutter in my life. It makes me unhappy and it actually makes me feel kind of anxious.
2) Start taking an Omega 3 Supplement. It is hard for me to incorporate foods that are high in anitoxidants as Mr. Hc tends to not care for them. I am thinking that this would really be a helpful thing. I also have for the past year making i a point o drink about 64oz of water every day. That is water in addition to anything else I drink. I always drink coffee in the morning, rarely any other time so the water hads been in addiion to the coffee. I have a problem sometims with diet pepsi and I have been trying to choose water ove the diet pepsi or at least limit myself to 1 a day. 2 at the very maximum.
3) Continue to focus on the positive. I have noticed that whenever I get into complaining mode, or I am around people who are complainers I start to be unhappy.
4) Create and maintain a daily routine. I am not much of a meditator, but I can visualize a daily routine of drinking coffee on the patio with the dogs and reading in the morning first thing. That is a nice way to start the day and I should do it every day
5) Exercise. I hate this. I plan to find a way to make this fun for me. I am looking at some short DVDs that are for old lazy ass people as myself. I really love to dance. I wish I could talk one of my friends into going to a Zumba class. I need to work on this one.
6) Continue writing graditutes I have been making it a point to write something everyday under my “this good thing happened today” maybe I will change the goal to daily Gratitudes
7) Spend time with people I like/love. Pretty much I have decided that I am not wasting any time on people I don’t like. I know this is shitty, but I really don’t like my sister or my one brother. I am not saying that I don’t care for them, I do, I just don’t like them. There are other people that I really just don’t like or enjoy their company. I just don’t think it is mentally healthy to try and fake it anymore.
8) Eat more veggies everyday. Mr. HC hates veggies. Sometimes I don’t even cook veggies, just meat and potatoes to keep him happy. I am going to make lots of green veggies and salads. He doesn’t have to eat them if he does want too, but I am going to make them and eat them. personally I want to eat more fiber and less meat. Mr. HC can continue to eat more meat and less fiber, but I need to eat what is healthy for me. He doesn’t have to eat it if he doesn’t want too. Maybe he will start to eat fiber and veggies if they are offered as a choice rather than an alternative. His idea of a well balnaed meal is meat with a side of meat and potatoes
9) Sleep at least 8 hours every night (more if I can!!!) I love to sleep!!!
10) Plan our food better I sometimes defer to Taco Bell when I haven’t planned. Taco Bell is O.K., but it is not a healthy choice regardless of what their commercials say. I am going to plan our meals better.