Now that I’m bearing down on fifty thousand words – typically the minimum word count for a novel – I need to start deciding when I’m going to consider this goal to be ‘complete’. I think I’m going to wait for the entire first draft of this thing to be finished before I hit that ‘complete’ button – I can tell it’s going to be far beyond fifty thousand words long.
www.tatepublishing.com/ Looking for new authors. The industry leader for new authors
www.createspace.com/ Get High Royalties, Low Book Prices and Affordable Services. Learn How.
www.fullsail.edu/ Creative Writing for Entertainment. Online Degree Programs. More Info.
www.authorhouse.com/ AuthorHouse's Easy Process Will Get Your Book Published Fast & Easy
www.searchforpublishers.com/ Get A Free Publishing Kit With The Tools You Need To Publish A Book
Ixii has written 6 entries about this goal
I’m proud to announce that I have stuck to my goal of writing every single day for an entire month now.
Four weeks ago, I had just shy of 14, 000 words in my novel. Right now, I’ve got 30, 000. That’s 16, 000 words written in a month! It may not be a lot by some people’s standards, but that’s huge for me! I’m just going to keep at it, writing every single day, for as long as I can. I’m thrilled!
I’ve been putting in some really solid writing effort these past few days, and I’ve realized that if I’m going to reach my goal of doubling my word count by the end of the summer, I’m going to need to stick to a writing regime.
I’m working two jobs on swing shifts, so scheduling definite time each day or setting down concrete daily word goals just isn’t feasible, so my summer goal is this: work on the novel every day. That’s it. Whether I get in two thousand words in a day or only manage five, it doesn’t matter. I just want to make a little progress towards this each and every day, and see where that takes me.
Having just rounded the 13000 word bend, I’m finding that I’m making steady progress on this, albeit slower progress than I had hoped. With four months of summer stretched out before me and a full plot line finally sketched out, I’m hoping to double that number by the time school starts.
As it turns out, my university course load and I disagree about how much time should be spent on this… needless to say, university usually wins.
That said, I’m now 8,000 words in. Not much, I know, but I try to make a little progress whenever I can. With a lighter course load waiting for me this Winter term, I’d like to find a little more time to devote to this. Wish me luck!
I want to do this.
I understand that this is a common goal, and that the writing world is filled with older, wiser and more educated competition.
I’m still going to do this.
I have stories to tell, and I know I can tell them.
Right now I have a Word document sitting open with a thousand words in it. I have a long way to go.
Ixii has gotten 53 cheers on this goal.
- MicroWhisper cheered this 1 week ago
- Edge of Glory cheered this 4 weeks ago
- mashko cheered this 4 weeks ago
- Hummingbird Medicine cheered this 1 month ago
- Gumersinda cheered this 1 month ago
- Ru ~ dig deeper cheered this 1 month ago
- Anastacey cheered this 1 month ago
- nananaina cheered this 2 months ago
- WaltzingMarie cheered this 2 months ago
- Heather cheered this 2 months ago
- xluvpinkx cheered this 2 months ago
- moonandabug cheered this 5 months ago
- Glambabie cheered this 5 months ago
- oldfatguy cheered this 5 months ago
- AshaVera cheered this 5 months ago
- Twitch_Kitty cheered this 6 months ago
- yodachan cheered this 7 months ago
- gjkhjr01 cheered this 7 months ago
- PCAB cheered this 8 months ago
- Pete cheered this 8 months ago
- Daniel cheered this 9 months ago