There have been some amazing moments this year – some have sprung from the tiniest events, others have been huge. I’m not giving up on joy, simply making it a part of my every day life. It no longer needs to be a ‘goal’.
JakeB has written 34 entries about this goal
Wishing everyone a joyful Christmas!
Can’t believe it’s been six months since I recorded joyful times! The lack of posts doesn’t reflect my experiences this year. In fact, the second half of the year has been excellent. I’ve travelled to some amazing places, spent quality time with friends & family and have enjoyed some success with my writing. Sure, there have been disappointments too, but the good definitely outweighes the bad.
Going through a rocky patch at the moment so attempting to find the joy where we can. A found an cringeworthy diary of mine yesterday – written when I was a precocious 14 yr old. Absolutely hilarious!
Last week was one of the worst in a long time. A virus completely knocked me out for a couple of days. I suspect that this may have had something to do with my stress levels. The good thing about the episode was that it allowed me time to clear a few smaller tasks out of the way and get my head straight. It was a learning experience.
I’ve decided to take time out this weekend and slow the pace. Be kinder to myself and cut some slack. I believe that good will come out of this black week.
Sometimes, joy is about sitting back and trusting, especially during times of high uncertainty. There’s no value in worrying or predicting, you can only act in the most effective way possible and have faith that the cosmos, God or some other force will steer events in your favour.
Following on from last week, I feel as if I’m in a strange rut where everything’s standing still Tonight, I’m going to work through the Best Year Yet exercises to see if I can lift myself out of the doldrums.
I have a feeling that I’ve bitten off more than I can chew recently. Work, house, training, writing, walks, reviews, blogs, business, visits – arghhh!
Joy is being able to handle my commitments with care. That means time to enjoy the act, rather than rushing from one thing to the next. I’m trying to structure the next couple of weeks rigidly so that I sign off a few key tasks – the critiquing, reviewing, training, visiting and blogging. I’m delegating house & business to A. This will leave time for writing, walking. Work is ongoing.
in the office today. Support and teamwork. These are the times that I’m glad to be at work.
Is being able to complete everything I need to do this weekend. Relaxation is a dirty word:Saturday
- Finish Outline
- Send Cheque
- Reply to Sis
- Tidy and chuck
- Type up Timetables
JakeB has gotten 93 cheers on this goal.
- Butterfly cheered this 4 months ago
- zhou cheered this 11 months ago
- lovingmex43 cheered this 16 months ago
- songwine cheered this 16 months ago
- luckyview cheered this 16 months ago
- atinygoat cheered this 17 months ago
- Legionella cheered this 17 months ago
- Curlychaos cheered this 23 months ago
- sitruunapuu cheered this 2 years ago
- djagger cheered this 2 years ago
- Faustus cheered this 2 years ago
- signora oye vey cheered this 2 years ago
- MyImaginaryWorld cheered this 2 years ago
- Gunnj cheered this 2 years ago
- moonandabug cheered this 2 years ago
- alaskanmossy cheered this 2 years ago
- sunkissed86 cheered this 2 years ago
- erevshel cheered this 2 years ago
- love2u cheered this 2 years ago
- 14cauliflowers cheered this 2 years ago
- Jadelee cheered this 2 years ago