This is one goal that I’m happy to sign off for now – not that I want to stop making & meeting friends, it’s just that I’ve easily made my 43 ways target! Even though it’s only February, I’ve already met lots of new people that I really like this year – local and further afield. I’m now a member of a few local groups and have also got to know fellow society members while working on the newsletter. This has resulted in lots of tea, cake and skype-ing! My priority is to keep these friendships going into the future and building on the fun times we have together.
www.florida-singles.com/ Want More Than To Meet Friends? Meet Amazing Singles Ages 40+
ask.com/Ways+To+Meet+New+Friends Over 100 Million Visitors. Discover and Explore on Ask.com!
www.zoosk.com/Dating_Sites Meet New People Around You 50+ Million Singles - Join Free!
www.findfriendsforfun.com/ Meet people who share your interests. Totally free!
JakeB has written 17 entries about this goal
I intend to be a lot more sociable this year – meeting new and old friends. My reluctance to drive has held me back in the past so I’m determined to get behind the wheel more often. Luckily I also have a regular bunch of people to meet with within walking distance so won’t have to use the car every time.
I met a couple of writer friends at a local cafe today. It was great to discuss all things books over a delicious snack or two. Afterwards we browsed a local antique shop. A fun, relaxed day. Hope we do it again soon.
My last post was in July so I can’t remember all the friends-type stuff that I’ve done. Here are some of the highlights though:
- Meeting excellent new people A&E at a book launch
- Celebrating A’s birthday at Rules with S&S
- Having a giggle in Devon with Mum,N & E
- Having a live webcam chat with E
- Racing around the conference with D,S,H & T
- Pub quizzing it with M&M
- Having SiL & kids over for a DVD marathon
- Partying with M,A,T&S,J&J in NYC
- Randomly bumping into ex-colleague J in Central Park!
- Doing a camera course with S,A
Planning more fun & games for Jan 12.
We came together to celebrate A’s grandma’s 97th birthday this weekend. Had a chilled time with the family drinking Prosecco and eating hamburgers. Unusual combination, but it worked.
Met with a local group of volunteers last night for a tour of their small town. Although it was raining, we enjoyed hearing about the history of the buildings and were grateful for the tasty tea they supplied. Hopefully, this is the first of many visits.
Spent some quality time with my parents and grandparents yesterday. As usual involved far too much food and wine!
Our second wedding of the year was an absolute blinder. Beautiful weather, superb venue, lots of mutual friends and delicious catering. I think it was possibly one of the best weddings I’ve ever been to, mainly because we knew so many people. Lots and lots of fun.
I met a bunch of writers on Saturday – all lovely people. Hugely enjoyed talking about books, stories and the industry. It was great to feel part of a tribe.
I hitched a lift with a couple of colleagues that I don’t know very well today and really enjoyed their company. It’s amazing how much you can learn about a person during a one hour journey.
JakeB has gotten 30 cheers on this goal.
- DanT1999 cheered this 3 months ago
- Hoffy cheered this 3 months ago
- sekhmet1970 cheered this 4 months ago
- atinygoat cheered this 15 months ago
- Gunnj cheered this 16 months ago
- DocD cheered this 17 months ago
- ItchyFeet cheered this 19 months ago
- lilmissajean cheered this 21 months ago
- Butterfly cheered this 23 months ago
- Endrina cheered this 23 months ago
- Curlychaos cheered this 23 months ago
- besidequietwaters cheered this 1 year ago
- asterisk cheered this 2 years ago
- papergirl cheered this 2 years ago
- sitio cheered this 2 years ago
- StupendaFanciulla cheered this 2 years ago
- Bradley Anderson cheered this 2 years ago
- raslalique cheered this 2 years ago
- Edge of Glory cheered this 2 years ago
- sunkissed86 cheered this 2 years ago
- sitruunapuu cheered this 2 years ago