A little step forward in reading…
www.dailybibleguide.com/ Passages, Daily Quotes, Verses & More with the Free Bible Toolbar
dailybibleguide.myway.com/ Get Daily Quotes & Inspiration Free From Your Homepage. Try Now!
www.thisisyourbible.com/ Online Bible Study Course - Free Easy & Fun To Learn About The Bible
www.ucg.org/kingdom-god-bible-seminar Know your Bible. Change your life. Find seminar location in your city.
JimInArizona has written 13 entries about this goal
Read this with my two oldest. We came away concluding 1) focus on doing good, and 2) don’t squabel.
About a wide variety of topics, but most interesting to me was that two kind of people were pointed out:
1. The person who does his job because it’s in his nature.
2. The person who does his job only when someone is standing over him making sure he does.
Clearly, the first is best to be.
Bible study with my two oldest girls. The younger showed some good insight, which was really nice.
The point was 1) wisdom is of great benefit, and 2) avoid doing wrong.
Read with the two oldest girls. The benefits of wisdom. Basically, protection, and being lifted up.
“Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters.” This is a good verse for me to remember. Unless there is an undisputable problem with something, just let it go.
(Today) I have to admit I didn’t really understand this. I think the gist of it is that the non-believing Jews will eventually come around to believing. Or maybe that through some other means they will be set right with God.
(A day late) Key thought here: Jews who believe in Jesus will be welcomed by God, and in some way, probably more so than non-Jewish believers.
Most interesting for me is that we may not work for God’s approval. It is his free gift and that’s all there is to it.
This is a nice stretch of scripture. Among other things, it explains that what God requires for us to be saved is:
1. Acknowledge Jesus as Lord.
2. Believe God raised him from the dead.
JimInArizona has gotten 9 cheers on this goal.
- flutter is full of wonder cheered this 3 years ago
- AdviceMaven cheered this 4 years ago
- VoiceEyesHands cheered this 4 years ago
- It cheered this 4 years ago
- LauralyBeautiful cheered this 4 years ago
- Donderjaeger cheered this 4 years ago
- gossipgirlxoxo cheered this 4 years ago
- the naive one cheered this 4 years ago
- sweetheart82 cheered this 4 years ago