Special Item Checklist
Beyond the fridge and the pantry, a healthy kitchen involves a number of other items and a lot of smart organization. See how many of these you have right now, and then see how you can slowly add more over time.
- Picture of your goal on the fridge
- Healthy cookbooks
- Very visible grocery list
- Coupon envelope or storage system
- NO pizza coupons
- Cutting board
- Easy-to-read and categorized recipe box or book
- Full set of measuring cups and spoons
- NO television in the kitchen or eating area (distractions can cause overeating)
- Usable kitchen table – free of clutter, bills, bookbags and projects
- Spice rack and spices
- Water bottles (preferably reusable ones) in the fridge
- Water filter
- Snack bowl on the counter, for all of those fresh fruits and healthy snacks you’ll have
Well, I think I did well on this check list.
1. I need to put up a picture of my goal (which needs to change now that I’m preg….)
2. I have some healthy cook books but could use some more.
3….No grocery list at all.
4. I really don’t use coupons…I should though.
5. Never pizza coupons!
6. My easy to read recipes are on sparks people!
7. I have several sets of measuring cups and spoons and two scales.
8. No T.V.
9. Usable table!
10. Spice rack and spices!
11. No bottled water but that is because I have some in the basement (for emergencies), in the car (for emergencies) and a water cooler upstairs for drinking.
12. I have to replace the filter on my sink.
13. I don’t have many snacks out due to the kids getting to them so they are all in the fridge, on top of it or put away. But, they are healthy!
14. I forgot, I do have a cutting board….several of them!
I guess I need to work on some of this. I will start with setting a visible goal, coupon organizer, grocery list and replacing the water filter.