1. I’m grateful for my father! He’s always there for me when I need him and is one of the best sources of advice that I know. I am happy that I had the day to honor him and how much he means to me.
2. Even though we seem to not be able to convince people to sign up with YouTube, rate, favorite and comment on our video. We HAVE had quite a few views. I wish all of our views had ratings and comments to match, but I’ll take what I can get.
3. My debut as an “on-air personality” or “video host” or whatever the heck I am seems to be meeting with lots of kind words and praise. This project was so far outside my normal comfort zone and I was terrified that, to quote Adam Sandler, “they’re all gonna laugh at me.” But so far, “they” haven’t.
4. I have a good opportunity to buy a new house. The owner is basically losing money on the deal because she has to move. The house is still a little outside my price range, but the back yard would be perfect for my doggie. We’ll see – if it’s meant to be, it will be, right?
5. I’m so glad I remembered to post tonight. Reading and posting on this goal makes me happy. I had forgotten that happiness for a little while and I’m glad I’m starting to remember!
It’s been a while, but I’m back, more grateful than ever!
1. New friends bringing new ideas, new perspectives and new adventures to my life, which was getting a little stale and boring!
2. My puppy, Cooper, who fills my day with so much joy (picture to be added soon)!
3. A slow afternoon at work.
4. Building a closer relationship with my grandmother.
5. I have Friday off – woo hoo!!!
1. My sister found her perfect wedding dress yesterday. The woman at the bridal boutique was so nice and my mother managed to not melt into puddles when she saw her come out of the dressing room.
2. We had a chance to visit my cousin and his wife before dress shopping. They have a lovely home and it was very nice to see them, even briefly.
3. My mom, sister and I had a safe trip yesterday and I had a safe trip back home today.
4. Having a movie night and getting to catch up on my recent Netflix movies that I haven’t had a chance to watch yet – The Departed, Hollywoodland and School for Scoundrels.
5. A good night’s sleep.
1. My new supervisor trusted me enough to ask for my opinion on issues he’s having with other employees.
2. My work place has a casual Friday policy.
3. Today is Friday.
4. The work day is less than 2 hours from being over.
5. I’ll get to see my parents tonight.
1. It is a beautiful day and I get to leave work two hours early this afternoon. I have to go have my eyes checked but the appointment should only last half an hour, so there will still be a few hours of daylight left to enjoy!
2. We had a nice potluck lunch at work earlier. The food was great and there were only a few of the usual squabbles between coworkers this time.
3. I’ve been able to mark a lot of things on my list as accomplished recently. Now I get the fun of coming up with new goals.
4. Work is a lot slower today than the beginning of the week. The break is nice!
5. I finally have my own printer in my office at work and don’t have to share one anymore.
1. Making exciting plans to go to Savannah, GA for St. Patrick’s Day!
2. Finding the cutest stationary with matching address labels and enclosure/calling cards online. I can’t wait to get my order and start using it all! What better incentive to write letters and give gifts?
3. Remembering to make my bed every morning this week. It’s so much nicer coming home to a clean room with a beautifully made bed every night!
4. That my sister is realizing that her money troubles are not as bad as she thinks.
5. Having a nice chat with the new woman at work. She’s extremely interesting and friendly.
1. I’m grateful for this grueling work day to be OVER!
2. When I leave work I get to go meet a good friend for dinner.
3. I found a list of classes that my local parks and recreation department offers and am hoping that I can talk one of my friends into taking a beginning photography or sculpture class with me starting in March.
4. Girl Scout cookies!
5. Remembering to park at the far end of my work parking lot today so I can sneak in a little extra exercise.
1. That the “Global Bazaar” section at Target was all 50% off this weekend. They were sold out of the lamps that I wanted, but I found a ton of other great stuff for my bedroom.
2. Realizing earlier than usual that I’m getting off track with my goals. Maybe this time I can correct things before I do any real damage to my progress. I don’t want to be a “one step forward, two steps back” kind of girl any more!
3. Not throttling either of the two women sitting near me at work who have been singing under their breaths all day long – different songs!!! I’m all for being happy while you work but the singing aloud kind of defeats the purpose of headphones!
4. Finally being over the flu. I still don’t have my strength back and I still have a massive headache but at least all my other symptoms are gone.
5. Being able to go to the gym tonight after not having been for over a week due to the flu. It will be nice to get back on track!
Geez I’m having a hard time remembering to post everyday!
1. Actually remembering to post today! I’m so busy lately, it’s nice to be able to take a step back from everything and remember all the things that I’m working towards!
2. Finally getting my new office – there isn’t a real ceiling, but I have a door. At least it’s better than my old cubicle!
3. My sister’s excitement planning her wedding. It fills me with so much joy to see her so happy!
4. Nice, kind, encouraging words from my mother last night and a coworker today. They both basically told me the same thing only about different situations – keep doing the best I can and good things are bound to happen if I have patience!
5. Knowing that I only have an hour left at work today. I can’t wait to go to the gym and get home to have dinner and then go to BED!
1. I’ve had the whole day to lay around on the sofa, nap and watch television – haven’t had one of these days in a long time.
2. A good dinner and nice visit with friends last night. It was nice catching up with everyone.
3. It’s a little rainy and windy tonight – perfect weather for going to bed early!
4. Fresh donuts
5. The stomach ache I woke up with this morning is gone.