It came in the mail today. I have my passport! :D
LauralyBeautiful has written 6 entries about this goal
This morning we went to the passport office and got it all done. Forms are complete and filed, fees are paid, now we just have to wait for my passport to arrive in the mail. It’s been estimated a two week wait.
I got my paperwork and photo signed off on by a ‘guarantor’, so thank goodness THAT is done. Tomorrow we’re going to the office to finish it all up. Almost there!
Got the pictures. Whew. One more step in the right direction…
My mom sent me this the other day. Apparently it is an actual letter to the Canadian Passport Office… Even if it isn’t real… it’s still so true.
Dear Mr. Minister,
I’m in the process of renewing my passport, and still cannot believe this.
How is it that Radio Shack has my address and telephone number and knows that I bought a t.v. cable from them back in 1997, and yet, the Federal Government is still asking me where I was born and on what date. For Christ sakes, do you guys do this by hand? My birth date you have on my social insurance card, and it is on all the income tax forms I’ve filed for the past 30 years. It is on my health insurance card, my driver’s license, on the last eight !@#% passports I’ve had, on all those stupid customs declaration forms I’ve had to fill out before being allowed off the planes over the last 30 years, and all those insufferable census forms that are done at election times. Would somebody please take note, once and for all, that my mother’s name is Maryanne, my father’s name is Robert and I’d be absolutely astounded if that ever changed between now and when I die!!!!!!
I apologize, Mr. Minister. I’m really pissed off this morning. Between you an’ me, I’ve had enough of this You send the application to my house, then you ask me for my !
#$ address. What is going on? You have a gang of Neanderthal !# workin’ there!? Look at my !
#$ picture. Do I look like Bin Laden? I don't want to dig up Yasser Arafat, for !#$ sakes. I just want to go and park my !@#% on a sandy beach.
And would someone please tell me, why would you give a !@#$ whether I plan on visiting a farm in the next 15 days? If I ever got the urge to do something weird to a chicken or a goat, believe you me, I’d sure as hell not want to tell anyone!
Well, I have to go now, ‘cause I have to go to the other end of the city and get another !@#$ copy of my birth certificate, to the tune of $60!!! Would it be so complicated to have all the services in the same spot to assist in the issuance of a new passport the same day??
Nooooo, that’d be too !
#$ easy and maybe make sense. You'd rather have us running all over the !#$’ place like chickens with our heads cut off, then find some !
#% to confirm that it's really me on the !#$ picture – you know, the one where we’re not allowed to smile?! (!@#%’ morons)
Hey, you know why we can’t smile? We’re totally pissed off!
Signed – An Irate !@#% Canadian Citizen.
P.S. Remember what I said above about the picture and getting someone to confirm that it’s me? Well, my family has been in this country since 1776 when one of my forefathers took up arms against the Americans. I have served in the military for something over 30 years and have had security clearances up the yingyang. I was aide de camp to the lieutenant governor of our province for ten years and I have been doing volunteer work for the RCMP for about five years. However, I have to get someone ‘important’ to verify who I am – you know, someone like my doctor WHO WAS BORN AND RAISED IN COMMUNIST !@#% CHINA !!!
I haven’t exactly been procrastinating on this – I thought the rules for a guarantor were stricter than they are! My sister had to have our veterinarian sign for hers, and the rules for guarantor, as I recall them back then were must be a doctor, veterinarian, bank manager or someone else in a similar position.
With passports becoming a legal requirement for travel as of June 1, I think that they must have loosened up their requirements because Canada’s passport site says a guarantor must
1. Hold a five-year Canadian passport that is valid or has been expired for no more than one year, on the day you submit your application;
2. Have known you personally for at least two (2) years. In the case of a child, have known you (parent or legal guardian) personally for at least two (2) years and have knowledge of the child;
3. Be a Canadian citizen 18 years of age or older;
4. Have been 16 years of age or older when he or she applied for his or her own passport;
5. Provide the requested information contained in his or her passport;
6. Be accessible to Passport Canada for verification;
7. Reside in Canada, in the United States or in any of the areas where submission of the “in Canada and in the USA” application form is authorized, e.g.: Bermuda. It is not necessary that the guarantor reside in the same country as the applicant.
Well that’s a big relief! I can ask my coworker to sign for me! I was thinking I’d have to ask our vet to do it and when was the next time I’d see him? This will make it so much easier!
LauralyBeautiful has gotten 92 cheers on this goal.
- Stephen cheered this 4 years ago
- Zarena cheered this 4 years ago
- colormegrey cheered this 4 years ago
- MoaTeresia cheered this 4 years ago
- Daffer_Kent cheered this 4 years ago
- love2u cheered this 4 years ago
- krazyp cheered this 4 years ago
- coddlefish cheered this 4 years ago
- Waynesworld cheered this 4 years ago
- Nikki cheered this 4 years ago
- Lynli cheered this 4 years ago
- koreassets cheered this 4 years ago
- ~ღ~ яσѕниι ~ღ~ cheered this 4 years ago
- Glambabie cheered this 4 years ago
- R cheered this 4 years ago
- JuneBug cheered this 4 years ago
- nashtucky cheered this 4 years ago
- zhelia cheered this 4 years ago
- Banbury Cross Nan cheered this 4 years ago
- HOMETOWN GLORY cheered this 5 years ago
- inneedofinspiration cheered this 5 years ago