You’ll find that a lot of my “happy” entries deal with how productive I am, or what I’ve tackled during the day. Today was no exception, but I am especially happy because it was Monday and I felt great getting these things done:
- e-mailed a potential financial planner
- looked at some patio furniture
- helped my husband obliterate the bougainvillea bush just in time for trash day
- prepared dinner (leftover baked bbq flavored chicken, cut up romaine with tomatoes, white rice)
- didn’t watch any TV (I usually only watch one hour: Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy)
It’s gonna be a great week, I can feel it!
1. Dogsitting for my parents.
2. Seeing about 10 people from high school that I actually like/can stand.
3. Packing an order to return.
4. Watering the gerber daisies.
5. Making a mid-day snack for my husband.
6. Almost done cleaning out the closet.
Today, I felt so unexplicably blessed. It’s not like anything crazy happened. I just know that even though God tests me sometimes, I don’t have enough fingers and toes to count my blessings. I am so thankful to be living the life I have, no matter how mundane, or ordinary it may seem. Today I felt blessed: to not have to wear a jacket, to be able to walk from my car to the parking lot, to be able to read and write, to be able to carry this baby I am carrying now.
I found someone on Craigslist who will come by the office after Thanksgiving to take all this used paper that we have accumulated at work! She says her son’s preschool is in dire need of art supplies. I am glad she can give it another life before it gets recycled.
Oh, what am I going to do with an extra hour? The possibilities are endless!
I am so happy I’m NOT attached to my (“dumb”/non-smart) cell phone. I honestly haven’t even used it this week, since it was out of battery for two days and didn’t even know it. I even forgot it today and don’t really care! I did take to charging it last night when my mom thought she might need to go to the hospital.
I’m honestly kind of sad because I may need to replace it sometime soon. It’s 6 years old and won’t take a charge as well as it used too! Boo.
I gave a homeless man a box of cookies. Sure, I’ve given food to numerous homeless outreach programs, but I have never given something to the guy on the sidewalk on the side of the road. I’m hoping he keeps them and gives them to the kids he indicated he has on his sign.
- I went to Target after work and was really eying this hair gadget. I was honestly going to buy it even though it cost 89.99! Suddenly, a woman told me that she got one on eBay for much less. I looked, and she was right!
- A chocolate covered strawberry for dessert!
1. I took care of lots of management issues which included: telling a guy he needs to wash his hands after using the restroom (don’t worry, I’m not in the food industry!), working toward making sure a guy gets paid his fair share of overtime, and getting both sides of a spat that happened on Friday between two of my colleagues.
2. I readily prepared tomorrow’s clothing choices: a striped collared shirt and a skirt. The collared shirt is what I am happy about. I ironed it, and I really loathe ironing.
- A scoop of rainbow sherbet in 100 degree weather
- Having in-laws that I can honestly say I love!
- Sleeping in until 10am