A load of gratefuls that I’ve built up:
~ For a great landlord (I think…so far, anyway)
~ For an awesome housemate!!! (She keeps offering to take me along grocery shopping!)
~ For my new place not having an ethernet jack in my room so that I spend less time on the internet
~ For deviantArt – so inspiring and motivational (but way too addicting)
~ For funny phone conversations!
~ For inside jokes with good friends
~ For FINISHING my projects that are not accepted as late work
~ For having great teachers
~ For making efforts to get tutoring/help/assistance on assignments
~ For friendly classmates
~ For Trader Joe’s
~ For my organic cotton zip-up jacket
~ For friendly workers at American Eagle who always seem so welcoming (most of the time)
~ For friends who are willing to do me favors
~ For parents who send me care packages (I think it’s averaging about 1-2 per month since I moved)
~ For generous relatives
~ For living in such an amazing city
~ For HELPFUL teachers
~ For being on time when it mattered
~ For my school having a counseling service
~ For hot water (hey…don’t take it for granted)
~ For tea and coffee
~ For my new phone…
and last but not least at all:
FOR UNEXPECTED COMPLIMENTS that just totally “make my day.”
1. Finished my back work yay!
2. Had dinner with a friend at a Korean restaurant.
3. Had a nice walk after dinner and picked up some brochures for theatre events.
4. Started making plans to cook together with same friend.
5. The fact that my school is nice and newly renovated.
6. The fact that my school has a counselor available.
7. My new phone has either arrived or will be arriving this week :).
:) I am grateful for many things!
~ Teachers who not only remember who I am but offer to help me find another teacher when I am hunting for ‘em.
~ Friends who are so incredibly helpful.
~ Friendly customer-service folk!
~ Netflix (this is an often-repeated gratitude…that’s actually a little sad)
~ Comfortable beds
~ Friends who are actually looking forward to seeing me again! :)
~ Generous parents who care so very much
~ Generous grandparents and relatives!
~ A good friend will be moving up nearer me next week! :)
I am so very grateful for:
~ a family friend who volunteered to help me move and helped me assemble my desk.
~ a new friend who is very kind and helpful, as well as enthusiastic about hanging out.
~ an internet writer friend randomly messaged me tonight after many months and said he missed me. That was cute.
~ friends I can feel comfortable talking to.
~ friends who trust me to call me when they need to talk, even if we’re not incredibly close.
~ frozen food.
~ open classrooms with drafting tables (even if it wasn’t the better ones).
~ helpful teachers.
~ affordable food.
~ the fact that there is a Trader Joe’s very close to my new place. Now I just have to figure out how to bus there.
1. Mum’s day :)
2. For mum and daddy liking the photos I sent them for mum’s day (she loves photos of me so I thought it’s a cost-efficient gift that’s practical and sentimental). I needed to prove I am in ownership of all my limbs…in one cohesive piece.
3. Friendly people at my neighborhood markets (unfortunately I am leaving this area soon).
4. Filtered water.
6. A nice landlord who cleaned the carpet and the walls for me (I didn’t have to do a thing! – I was expecting to, though).
7. New jeans.
8. Beautiful new jacket that transformed my opinion on 3/4 sleeves (I usually hate them but this one is great).
9. Nice family friend who is willing to help me move.
10. Nice delivery people.
11. New tops that make me feel better about myself.
12. Nice roommate, I hope.
13. Great conversations.
14. Vacuum seal bags.
15. A nice view from my new living room/patio.
~ Amusing cousins
~ Having shaken off the tendencies to use abbreviated spellings in chat or texting
~ Foundation makeup
~ Pizza because it tastes good even when heated up
~ Frugal but oh-so-generous parents
~ Good-smelling tea
~ Maya Angelou quotes
1. For finalising the lease – signed it and paid up for first month as well as sec deposit so it’s all settled!
2. For my friend thanking me when I checked up on her (she’s been going through some rough times presently).
3. For my parents willing to shell out a little more just so I can have peace of mind and sanity-retained (for rent).
4. For my friend inviting me along to her boyfriend’s birthday celebration because I know she doesn’t invite a lot of people into her personal life.
5. For said friend willing to drive me back from Oakland to SF late at night.
6. For a new friend who is incredibly kind.
7. For supportive friends when I start freaking out (even if for not that long).
8. For Project Runway because I see how those designers “make it work” when they are literally out of time/materials/sanity but they do anyway…they manage to pull it off. So I am grateful that I can be able to calm myself down (eventually) and start channeling that kind of energy and attitude into my work and my life!
9. For Netflix.
10. For amusing cousins.
11. For microwaves.
12. For Pizza Hut’s Pizza Mia pizzas.
13. For rechargeable batteries.
14. For blankets to keep me warm when the heater decides to turn off.
15. For uplifting text messages!
16. For classmates who are willing to turn in my work for me when I can’t/don’t go to class.
17. For free breakfasts (although I’m moving so none of this anymore).
~ I’m grateful that my friends took me to a traditional Korean BBQ place in my new city and introduced me to foods I haven’t tried before.
~ I’m grateful that two friends I introduced to each other seem to get along and have fun.
~ I’m grateful that one of my teachers thinks my skill in Illustrator and Photoshop exceeded the level in which the class is taught.
~ I’m grateful for having found a new place to live relatively quickly (that seems great).
~ I’m grateful that there is a variety of options for everything in San Francisco.
~ I’m grateful that some of my teachers from last quarter have not forgotten who I am (like most of my previous teachers are prone to do).
~ I’m grateful that my parents are always so relieved to hear from me when I call them before I call them just to check in (late classes).
~ I’m grateful for striking up more conversations with classmates, even if they’re short and/or leading nowhere. It’s a step to breaking out of this newly formed shell I have on and it is a step to getting to know more people and expanding my social circle, which is another goal of mine!
~ I’m grateful that I’m from Hawaii because it makes a good conversation-starter.
~ I’m grateful for good music I can listen to while studying!
I’m grateful! For…
~ Mother nature’s sustenance
~ Having a teacher who pushes for perfection because it’ll only help me grow
~ My parents who send me lots of care packages
~ Awesome classmates that I’ve met
~ Great smelling candle (mango & spearmint mmmm)