When I had this goal for April, May and June there was a reminder and I had notes every time someone posted, but for this goal nothing so I forgot about it – grr.
Anyway – tonight my friend R and I made a dinner with tomato featured in every course as follows:
- Tomato bisque with gorgonzola bacon crouton
- Yellow tomato souffle
- Salmon wrapped in puff pastry filled with sundried tomatoes, goat cheese, toasted pine nuts and sauteed leeks
- Country fried tomato stuffed with herbed cream cheese
- Steamed asparagus topped with tomato basil relish
- Tomato granita intermezzo (this bordered on horrible but did have a very tomato taste)
- Ground cherry (small orange fruit similar in size, shape and structure and a relative to a small tomato) and pineapple crumble
It was a fun night as it always is to cook with R. We have theme dinners such as this when items are in season (June for asparagus, basil in mid-summer…). Tomato was planned for August but we had a tough season this year so tonight was the night.