in life; I don’t seem to be able to find time for trying something new. I think that is kind of sad, but perhaps I am over thinking this goal. I have been learning new things all along. Some of the things I am learning are an on going process. I am trying to learn Polish and Spanish. I am trying to learn how to be organized in my daily life. I am trying to learn to live on a budget. I am trying to learn to do the grown up things even though they are not always the fun choice. I am rethinking my goals and I am trying to decide on my New Years Resolution.
Maggie Friedrichs has written 4 entries about this goal
I went to a concert last night with a Truck Driver I met at work and his wife. He was talking about Wishbone Ash at work, and I think he was surprised that I knew who they were. He invited me to attend the concert with his wife and himself. I was going to beg off, but I thought what the heck. I have not gone anywhere in the last couple of years unless it was as “Mom” or “Grandma”. I had such a great time. I took my motorcycle into Chicago as it is so much cheaper to drive and easy to park. We took a cab from their house to a Italian Restaurant which was right by the Hall the concert was at. We were joined by Tommy’s (the Truck driver) brothers, sister in laws, and cousins. What a friendly and fun group of people. The food, music, and people were great. I hope to do more with these people. They are always going somewhere and doing something.
I normally don’t like any sort of change, and I have been trying several new little things in my life the last couple of months. I am making adjustments to my overall life. I tried to look back over my life and figure out what things have held me back from being the person I want to be. I am trying to live outside the box. I would like to try some new adventures but so far nothing big has come to mind. I am keeping my mind open to new experiences and new ideas.
I have to find a way to pursue new things. I don’t seem to have much of an imagination; so it is hard for me to think of new things to do each month. I have seen several things on other peoples lists that have given me some ideas. I will make sure that I try something new this month.
Maggie Friedrichs has gotten 27 cheers on this goal.
- Being Bryn cheered this 21 months ago
- aswedishlime cheered this 22 months ago
- that one girl cheered this 22 months ago
- buffalosnowangel cheered this 23 months ago
- Katie cheered this 2 years ago
- ele85 cheered this 2 years ago
- djlwheeler08 cheered this 2 years ago
- SJ cheered this 2 years ago
- JWillow cheered this 2 years ago
- Discover what is already inside you! cheered this 2 years ago
- Chatoyant cheered this 2 years ago
- Ash cheered this 2 years ago
- Jillianne cheered this 4 years ago
- theba2il cheered this 4 years ago
- ElleLyzette cheered this 4 years ago
- Triniprincess cheered this 4 years ago
- Ru cheered this 4 years ago
- sarah cheered this 4 years ago
- Amazing247 cheered this 4 years ago
- tahetydruk cheered this 4 years ago
- Frannie cheered this 4 years ago