to gather together once a month at each others houses on a rotating basis. I thought we could all try and cook a new dish and then get together and share it. We try and meet up and go out to eat once a month together, but it is expensive and hard to visit with each other. I think it would encourage us all to make new dishes and we could visit much easier while the little kids all play at each others houses. I am waiting to hear back from everyone regarding this suggestion.
www.klaava.fi/books/engineerscookbook Learn to cook the geek way. The Engineer's Cookbook shows you how.
Maggief927 has written 7 entries about this goal
I cooked beef ribs in the oven. 200 degrees untill tender. Slathered some BBQ sauce and stuck under the broiler. My granddaughter does not like BBQ sauce. She said it was too hot. She doesn’t yet appreciate anything with a little spice. I liked them well enough, but I think I will make pork ribs next time.
Not really new but I cooked it differently. I used a marinate that I came across in the store for grilling beef. I broiled the meat after marinating the meat for several hours. It actually came out very tender. It is hard to get my granddaughter to try new kinds of meat; so we are always on the look out for ways to entice her to try something new.
I cooked eggplant last night. We were having pork chops, tossed salad, and fruit for dinner. I thought it was a good time to try and introduce a new food to my girls. I like the egg plant peeled, sliced and dipped in egg and bread crumbs. I fry it in olive oil and melt a small piece of pepperjack cheese in the center. I only added pepper to season it. My daughter and granddaughter both ate a piece. Not overly impressed but not overly against it. I will try to introduce it again with a little more preparation. We have been making healthier choices in our food, and we need to find new recipies to try.
We are eating very small quick meals around here. We have been very busy and on different schedules. I think we are going to have to plan to eat a regular sit down at the table together meal once a week. Its hard to get motivated to cook a meal when noone is around to eat it.
I have the fixings purchased for a couple of new dishes. We had a turkey breast, which we have never had before. I have always cooked a whole turkey. I think we like the whole turkey way better than just the breast. My first two meals that will be new will be out of the mexican cookbook.
I want to try something new out of my Crock pot cook book. I read through the book and found several interesting dishes
Maggief927 has gotten 21 cheers on this goal.
- EllieFunt cheered this 7 months ago
- sitruunapuu cheered this 8 months ago
- Taz cheered this 9 months ago
- PasadenaSue cheered this 9 months ago
- Being Bryn cheered this 10 months ago
- joyjoei cheered this 11 months ago
- JWillow cheered this 12 months ago
- Tartsy cheered this 12 months ago
- La Femme Flâneuse cheered this 12 months ago
- robhm45 cheered this 2 years ago
- nurslaurie09 cheered this 2 years ago
- MamaKitty cheered this 2 years ago
- On seas less hideously serene cheered this 2 years ago
- oemal cheered this 2 years ago
- laws 43 cheered this 2 years ago
- Chompy_and_Stompy cheered this 2 years ago
- _glas_ cheered this 3 years ago
- Louie Helm cheered this 3 years ago
- J_oW cheered this 3 years ago
- stressybessy cheered this 3 years ago
- kepi cheered this 3 years ago