I actually got to sit on the horse this week and walk her around the arena, hooray! It’s all bareback and halter-only, which is totally different to anything I’ve ever done before, and heaps of fun. Hard to balance, though, with no saddle or stirrups.
www.activeridingtrips.com/ Active Trail Rides - 100% Vetted Fun Lesson Programs - All Ages
Manaia has written 3 entries about this goal
The people there teach natural horsemanship, so I spent the first lesson just leading my horse around, working on getting her to do things like give her head, turn in circles, stop, and back up when I wanted her to.
It was kind of cool, though I was a little disappointed I didn’t spend any time actually in the saddle.
They’re pretty expensive, so I probably shouldn’t (I’m meant to be saving to pay off my debts!) But I figure perhaps I can only go every couple of weeks, and then it won’t cost tooo much?
The place I’m looking into seems pretty nice, they teach natural horsemanship as well as regular riding, and seem to take good care of their horses.
It would be nice to get out riding again. I did it a little as a child and it was really fun. A little scary, especially the jumping, but definately fun.
Manaia has gotten 12 cheers on this goal.
- wolffepsyche cheered this 6 years ago
- ArmyAngel1986 cheered this 6 years ago
- biffo boppo cheered this 6 years ago
- despoina cheered this 6 years ago
- gilloulalal cheered this 6 years ago
- Adar cheered this 7 years ago
- LittleWolf cheered this 7 years ago
- nonnacookbooker cheered this 7 years ago
- Travellover cheered this 7 years ago
- Phaere cheered this 7 years ago
- artymarty99 cheered this 7 years ago
- Amber cheered this 8 years ago