apples don’t fall far from their trees.
MareInfinitus has written 18 entries about this goal
enrolling at a new montessori school for the spring, hopefully with good results.
moral: family is important.
set aside time for her and I to talk via distance to family. since most of her immediate and extended family do not live nearby. this entails specific dates and times, not to encroach upon established bedtime routines (ie no calls after 8pm).
locally and online, and get certified. yes, it is possible, apparently (no pun intended). no one is the perfect parent and we all have room for improvement. i took birthing classes, why wouldn’t i take parenting classes?
children-in-the-middle was specifically recommended to me as a divorcee. looks promising, but i’ll update after I actually do the course.
3-4 sentences, once a week, with at least one picture. i can do this. good record for me, the ex, and most importantly aj herself.
I’ll consider re-posting here as well, likely without pics. and I think I’ll aim for Sundays.
this is what a feminist looks like.
“When a child walks in the room, your child or anybody else’s child, do your eyes light up? ... that’s what they’re looking for. When my children used to walk in the room when they were little, I looked at them to see if they had buckled their trousers or if their hair was combed or if their socks were up. And so you think your affection and deep love is on display because you’re caring for them. It’s not. When they see you, they see the critical face … Let your face speak what’s in your heart. It’s just as small as that, you see.”
-Toni Morrison, novelist, awarded Nobel Prize for literature and Pulitzer Prize for American Literature
This is a good reminder for me as I’ve seen its effectiveness in action. she really responds quickly and overwhelmingly when I show a positive and loving attitude like this.
i need to develop subgoals for this goal to make it more concrete and organized I think. and so here’s the list of important things:
unconditional love – modeling how to treat others and providing unquestionable support. being the rock.
feminism – for both girls and boys!
evening routine – nightly activities, bedtime ritual
love of outdoors
sense of wonder
moderate screen time
documentation in pictures and words
confidence, grace, kindness, compassion
and here’s the subgoals:
- rolemodeling – basically everything – love, feminism, outdoors, wonder, routines, physical activity, spirituality, screen time limitation, nutrition, cleanliness, confidence, grace, kindness, compassion, self-discipline, self-respect, family first
- seeds of knowledge – languages, reading, writing, math, art, dance, music, science
- setting limits and boundaries – routines, screen time
- building a legacy – physical activity, nutrition, documentation, traditions
MareInfinitus has gotten 33 cheers on this goal.
- AMP_Kat cheered this 4 weeks ago
- Lucija Jelic cheered this 1 month ago
- Supersonic_Me cheered this 1 month ago
- JadedForever cheered this 7 months ago
- Bob1623 cheered this 7 months ago
- Free spirit, place of peace cheered this 7 months ago
- Mercedes cheered this 9 months ago
- a man named Lew cheered this 9 months ago
- Trauma_Junkie cheered this 9 months ago
- Tim Jones cheered this 9 months ago
- johnest cheered this 10 months ago
- Andromeda cheered this 10 months ago
- amandaperl cheered this 10 months ago
- julettaskey cheered this 10 months ago
- Ixii cheered this 12 months ago
- eclectic passion cheered this 12 months ago
- seasonsoflove cheered this 21 months ago
- zhou cheered this 21 months ago
- MK82 cheered this 21 months ago
- Z cheered this 21 months ago
- Faustus cheered this 21 months ago