It might be hard to make it as “fantastic” as I would have liked since I’ve got an evil cold, but I’m still looking forward to the trip. Lots of yummy food, sloe gin, the love of my life and two cute dogs! What more could I ask for to start the new year in a cozy cottage?
MicroWhisper has written 2 entries about this goal
The problem with this goal is that most years we never really get around to doing anything. We don’t plan in advance and at the last minute if we aren’t invited out anywhere with friends or family we just kind of end up at home or at a pub. My other-half also never seems to mind. He doesn’t get the whole NYE thing, which I always find really frustrating because, even though I’m not into going clubbing, I’d love to go into London to see the fireworks, watch a show/concert, or whatever. So this year I took the initiative to plan something ahead of time and I made a point of picking something I knew he’d get really excited about. (Which will also hopefully, get him into the spirit a bit more in future years! haha)
Anyway, I’ve booked us a cottage in the Lake District for over New Years! It is really rustic and cute. We really like hiking and neither of us has been to the Lake District so I think it’s going to be awesome. When the weather is too cold and wet to hike with the dogs, we can curl up in the cozy cottage sipping sloe gin!
MicroWhisper has gotten 13 cheers on this goal.
- pixie2122 cheered this 17 months ago
- Cristina cheered this 17 months ago
- SCR67 cheered this 17 months ago
- Butterfly cheered this 17 months ago
- verrin cheered this 18 months ago
- Lion Heart cheered this 18 months ago
- Ash cheered this 18 months ago
- TeenyBean cheered this 18 months ago
- Nithya R cheered this 18 months ago
- Alyssa is a singular girl cheered this 19 months ago
- pharmjo cheered this 20 months ago
- alexabo cheered this 20 months ago
- sitruunapuu cheered this 21 months ago