My AmeriCorps payment was processed last night, and I just made my last electronic payment on my loan. All $65,000 is paid. I’m so relieved, pleased, and proud that I did it.
www.discover.com/student-loans Available To Help You Apply. Apply For A Student Loan Today!
www.kansascommerce.com/TaxFree Learn how you can get student loan repayments by moving to Kansas!
www.consolidatedcredit.org/ "I'm very happy to be credit free". * Get Your Free Debt Analysis
www.ask.com/Pay+Off+School+Loan Over 100 Million Visitors. Discover and Explore on Ask.com!
www.betterloanchoice.com/ 2 minute app No Credit Check Loans up to $25,000 Apply Now
Kathryn Harper has written 6 entries about this goal
It’s taking so long for the AmeriCorps education award check to be sent to my lender… Once it’s sent and they record it, I’ll swoop in and make the last payment. Loan begone!
I just received my AmeriCorps Education Award and immediately placed an electronic voucher to have it all sent to my lender. That should take about 2 weeks. After that there will be about $1,000 left on the loan. I’m looking forward to writing the last entry saying the goal is achieved!
I just made a $26K payment from money that I saved, which brings my balance to $10,000. I’m on track for paying it off this year. What a relief, expecially since the interest rate is above 7 percent.
As of today, the balance is down to $42,805.63. I’m going to pay it off this year.
$45,000 @ 8.5% interest while in grad school + several years post-grad deferment (low income) = $65,000 to start paying off a year ago. I consolidated back before the rates dropped, so my interest rate is at 7.5%. It sucks.
Been paying $755 a month plus extra as I have it. The balance is now $49K. At this rate maybe it’ll be paid off before the decade ends. If it weren’t for my husband, I’d be paying this like a mortgage over the next 25 years.
sigh Education is expensive.
Kathryn Harper has gotten 16 cheers on this goal.
- Ed Wynn cheered this 6 years ago
- Renee49 cheered this 6 years ago
- moonjib cheered this 6 years ago
- Lin Mei cheered this 6 years ago
- desdamona cheered this 6 years ago
- Timid Magick cheered this 7 years ago
- lesleyegg cheered this 7 years ago
- Living In God's Exquisite, Miraculous Sufficiency cheered this 7 years ago
- Trauma_Junkie cheered this 7 years ago
- randito cheered this 7 years ago
- donutgirl cheered this 7 years ago
- Lanna22 cheered this 7 years ago
- pfeffy hopes she's back to 43T cheered this 7 years ago
- Stupid_1 cheered this 7 years ago
- sashimiaddict cheered this 7 years ago
- mib7 cheered this 7 years ago