I found an online Zulu dictionary, and it’s quite good. On the same website there are also links to other resources.
www.byki.com/Learn-Zulu Download your Free Zulu Byki™. Used by Experts and U.S. Government
www.transparent.com/Learn-Zulu Scientifically-Proven Methodology. Get Instant Access Free for 7 Days.
www.ask.com/How+To+Learn+Zulu Search for How To Learn Zulu. Find Results on Ask.com today!
www.baumancollege.org/ Study Holistic Nutrition Online Self-Paced With Personal Mentor
Niel has written 10 entries about this goal
I am fairly impressed by the Ngenani! program. I picked up a word I’ve learned with it in a conversation I overheard yesterday.
Last night I installed the Ngenani! software again. It’s a shame. I’ve had this computer for more than a year already, and only now am I installing this software.
I’ve chosen the 10 week programme. This is the equivalent of 70 hours, or one hour per day. I don’t think I intended this level of commitment.
Sawubona, mngane wami!
At the police station today I realized that this would be a very good thing to do. Even the smidgen I know is better than nothing at all.
I am now getting short lessons from a security guard at a gate I pass through every day. Not every day, only if he happens to be on duty. I don’t know how much it will help, but it’s fun lessons from a mother-tongue speaker!
Today I bought a multimedia interactive CD-ROM entitled Ngenani! isiZulu that teaches Zulu.
I was in a bookshop last night, and they had interactive DVDs on learing Setswana and iXhosa, but not isiZulu. A pity.
I’ve learnt that the answer to the question
“Ninjani?” (how are you?)
“Sikhona” (we’re fine.)
When I lived in Wales I went to classes to learn Welsh. I did not become fluent in Welsh, but it made life in Wales even more enjoyable.
I want to learn Zulu, because it is spoken by the largest single population group in South Africa and is the most widely understood black language.
It’ll be more difficult to learn than Welsh, because there is not the same level of government support, but I am sure it can be done.
Niel has gotten 34 cheers on this goal.
- erevshel cheered this 2 years ago
- Sweet_A cheered this 2 years ago
- slh cheered this 2 years ago
- chrysania cheered this 2 years ago
- missmarmalade cheered this 3 years ago
- Zijue cheered this 3 years ago
- Miss Print cheered this 4 years ago
- nevadagirlamber cheered this 4 years ago
- Lisa cheered this 4 years ago
- David cheered this 5 years ago
- ScorpioNerve cheered this 5 years ago
- illeat cheered this 5 years ago
- carrieOT08 cheered this 5 years ago
- nonnacookbooker cheered this 5 years ago
- bras2245 cheered this 5 years ago
- aswedishlime cheered this 5 years ago
- arrakis cheered this 5 years ago
- ~ John Lee ~ cheered this 5 years ago
- pinkhaze cheered this 5 years ago
- Seaborn cheered this 6 years ago
- Cresida cheered this 6 years ago