Today I stumbled on this talk about how Americans’ thinking on nonprofit management is holding our charity efforts back. I loved the questions he asked and the challenge he threw down. Do you really need to go broke helping others?
OtterGirl537 has written 14 entries about this goal
I found this today while reading up on how to better empower women in business. It’s an interesting story of how a women’s shelter got better at keeping women from returning to their abusers. That’s always a good thing.
I was reading an Inc.com article on Fearlessness and found a TED Talk on the importance of vulnerability in our lives. It’s an important topic for America today because we seem to not know this anymore: I am enough. It was a long time for me to learn that and I hope others know it too.
This one is a civics lesson on what is wrong with American government today and the cost of politics.
As I listened to this talk playing Lumosity, I couldn’t help but to think of Neal Stephenson’s The Diamond Age. Every year I watch the digital world creep further and further into the physical realm and this TED Talk makes me smile about those possibilities.
This is 18 minutes of all the excuses we all use to just get by in life. A reminder of how hard it is to actually rise to the challenge
Our society doesn’t have the skills to succeed in this century, in the Technology age. I’ve noticed over the last 2 decades that we don’t know what to do with all this new tech. One of my favorite novels, The Diamond Age by Neal Stephenson, focuses on the amazing potential of all of the new technology can provide. I watch the world around us do the same ole same ole. The more I read and research about our current education system, the more I believe we are do for a revolution. This guy has some ideas.
This one strikes close to the themes I see in the start of Les Miserables: How to treat the disease of poverty rather than its symptoms. I include it here but this one isn’t a TED Talk; it’s another think tank group which I adore and love to share.
Know who you are. Define yourself; don’t let others do it for you. Good thoughts. Important ones.
This one asks what a world would look like if everyone loved there job. It’s a good question and I would love to see it; am doing what I can to build it now.
For any one who has every been lost. For any one who has ever doubted they could. Watch this one.
OtterGirl537 has gotten 17 cheers on this goal.
- ShadowsCursed cheered this 2 weeks ago
- qglas cheered this 1 month ago
- Cherry87 cheered this 2 months ago
- irishka3 cheered this 3 months ago
- Zoe cheered this 3 months ago
- Cornucopia cheered this 4 months ago
- Triniprincess cheered this 4 months ago
- Being Bryn cheered this 5 months ago
- katie_6eva cheered this 6 months ago
- ligumbyte cheered this 7 months ago
- Lion Heart cheered this 8 months ago
- Bob1623 cheered this 9 months ago
- Ru ~ dig deeper cheered this 10 months ago
- Brownian cheered this 10 months ago
- sitruunapuu cheered this 11 months ago
- ugogrl cheered this 11 months ago
- ghammatx cheered this 11 months ago