After my bath, a fresh nightie, clean sheets, teeth all brushed and flossed – just all felt so nice. And it’s cold outside, so, so nice to be in a warm bed all cozy and dry. Not everyone on the planet gets that privilege.
joie de vivre has written 84 entries about this goal
A friend runs a homeless shelter. Her residents made these affirmations to keep their spirits up as they look for jobs.
First commute in the real dark-dark – that new German head light is extraordinary. Wow.
I ran into the QFC to pick up a loaf of bread on the way home from work. A perfect stranger complemented what I was wearing as I hustled myself on the way out.
I complement perfect strangers frequently on their appearance. It was so nice and unexpected to have it paid forward to me.
Took the mobile phone battery out, reseated it, and recharged. Now appears to be working.
Grey wool sweater
Grey bands of clouds
Gold rays of the setting sun
Gold reflection and sparkles
Grey tree trunks
Gold autumn leaves
Grey damp pavement
Gold fir needles thickly scattered
Grey new bike light
Gold beam illuminating the gloaming
I can now see a mountain out the window, from my living room sofa. Right now, it is illuminated by the setting sun.
Added: I think it might be Quartz Mountain.
I know it’s roasting on the rest of the continent, but it’s been chilly and rainy here for so long…nice to put on warm things
I broke a spoke
I am grateful that my husband offered to pick me up
It started to rain and there were a lot of mosquitoes where I was waiting for him
I am grateful that there were a lot of nice, ripe thimbleberries there, too. They were delicious.
The bike shop said they may not be able to fix it until Thursday.
I am grateful that the bike shop will try to fix the bike this weekend. I am grateful that I can ride the tandem tomorrow and on the 4th of July. I am grateful that I can do yoga on the days I’m not riding.
They will need to actually replace half the spokes on the bike.
I am grateful that my bike is in the hands of competent mechanics who can rebuild my wheel if necessary.
Grateful that boba tea exists
That I have a local boba tea shop that has fresh and tasty bobas
That when I was 29 cents short, the boba shop gave me my tea anyway.
joie de vivre has gotten 159 cheers on this goal.
- A Dream of Me cheered this 2 weeks ago
- Optionally_Mine cheered this 3 weeks ago
- mwink cheered this 3 weeks ago
- HippieChick2 cheered this 4 weeks ago
- gponyinmich cheered this 4 weeks ago
- Mina Lily cheered this 12 months ago
- Laineyrain cheered this 13 months ago
- Jana ;) cheered this 13 months ago
- Yisraela Ruth cheered this 14 months ago
- zhou cheered this 14 months ago
- Stéphanie cheered this 14 months ago
- Legionella cheered this 14 months ago
- snowleopard cheered this 14 months ago
- a cheered this 14 months ago
- littlemaxine93 cheered this 14 months ago
- amayana cheered this 15 months ago
- redstar cheered this 15 months ago
- Xaavier cheered this 15 months ago
- ApacheTear cheered this 15 months ago
- Ivy cheered this 16 months ago
- Paper_Cake cheered this 16 months ago