First commute in the real dark-dark – that new German head light is extraordinary. Wow.
joie de vivre has written 82 entries about this goal
I ran into the QFC to pick up a loaf of bread on the way home from work. A perfect stranger complemented what I was wearing as I hustled myself on the way out.
I complement perfect strangers frequently on their appearance. It was so nice and unexpected to have it paid forward to me.
Took the mobile phone battery out, reseated it, and recharged. Now appears to be working.
Grey wool sweater
Grey bands of clouds
Gold rays of the setting sun
Gold reflection and sparkles
Grey tree trunks
Gold autumn leaves
Grey damp pavement
Gold fir needles thickly scattered
Grey new bike light
Gold beam illuminating the gloaming
I can now see a mountain out the window, from my living room sofa. Right now, it is illuminated by the setting sun.
Added: I think it might be Quartz Mountain.
I know it’s roasting on the rest of the continent, but it’s been chilly and rainy here for so long…nice to put on warm things
I broke a spoke
I am grateful that my husband offered to pick me up
It started to rain and there were a lot of mosquitoes where I was waiting for him
I am grateful that there were a lot of nice, ripe thimbleberries there, too. They were delicious.
The bike shop said they may not be able to fix it until Thursday.
I am grateful that the bike shop will try to fix the bike this weekend. I am grateful that I can ride the tandem tomorrow and on the 4th of July. I am grateful that I can do yoga on the days I’m not riding.
They will need to actually replace half the spokes on the bike.
I am grateful that my bike is in the hands of competent mechanics who can rebuild my wheel if necessary.
Grateful that boba tea exists
That I have a local boba tea shop that has fresh and tasty bobas
That when I was 29 cents short, the boba shop gave me my tea anyway.
at least two days off from work
lots of time to horse around on line
opportunity to walk around downtown
easy bike ride to/from with lots of other riders
joie de vivre has gotten 162 cheers on this goal.
- Mina Lily cheered this 5 months ago
- Laineyrain cheered this 5 months ago
- avoknav cheered this 6 months ago
- Yisraela Ruth cheered this 6 months ago
- zhou cheered this 6 months ago
- Stéphanie cheered this 6 months ago
- Legionella cheered this 6 months ago
- snowleopard cheered this 6 months ago
- a cheered this 6 months ago
- littlemaxine93 cheered this 7 months ago
- amayana cheered this 7 months ago
- redstar cheered this 7 months ago
- Xaavier cheered this 7 months ago
- ApacheTear cheered this 7 months ago
- Ivy cheered this 8 months ago
- Paper_Cake cheered this 8 months ago
- maureenmcell cheered this 9 months ago
- irishka3 cheered this 9 months ago
- SaraInes cheered this 9 months ago
- Teahupoo cheered this 9 months ago
- GeorgiaRain101 cheered this 10 months ago