Despite being pregnant, I don’t see having adoptive children as an either/or. However, it may never happen due to financial issues (here in Sweden almost all adoptions are international, and the rules the countries have, particularly when it comes to ‘net worth’ are something we are not going to reach for many years, if at all). This is a sad state of affairs, I think, for all those children who are sitting in orphanages who aren’t being adopted because their potential parents’ house doesn’t cost enough, for example. Very sad.
www.worldvision.org/sponsor With World Vision: Choose a Child By Age, Gender or Country.
www.freeadoptionhelp.com/ Adoption Help for Pregnant Women. Free Housing and Money for Bills
www.about.com/Adopt+Foster+Child Adopt Foster Child Search Now! Over 60 Million Visitors.
Rachael has written 4 entries about this goal
I don’t know what I was basing that estimate on, perhaps if I had still been single, or perhaps if I thought ‘yeah, we’ll have had a few kids by then’. I don’t know. What were you thinking, 2008 Rache? Anyway, this is still something that I see as important. I do seem to be a little on my own on this one, however.
I do not see adoption as a thing that only infertile people do as a ‘last resort’, which seems to be the census if you tell anyone you’re considering adoption at some point. I think if you can give a child a home, love, a family, why wouldn’t you do that? It doesn’t mean I don’t want biological children, if we can, then I would like them too :) But I don’t see why the general view is that you have one or the other, but not both.
They are of two people’s experiences becoming a mother to Chinese children. I have yet to read them, but they’re in my list once I’ve finished Michael Caine’s biography, and Brideshead Revisited.
I am eager to do this in five years or so, it will definitely be a huge experience, one that will last a lifetime :)
Rachael has gotten 43 cheers on this goal.
- PurpleHeather cheered this 2 years ago
- Blessed ♥ cheered this 2 years ago
- lob cheered this 2 years ago
- Lune Fromage: Born of Stardust cheered this 2 years ago
- Endrina cheered this 2 years ago
- Ru ~ dig deeper cheered this 2 years ago
- yogamom cheered this 2 years ago
- Stephen cheered this 2 years ago
- sitruunapuu cheered this 2 years ago
- JadedForever cheered this 2 years ago
- joie de vivre cheered this 2 years ago
- aleisha88 cheered this 2 years ago
- songwine cheered this 2 years ago
- Bernadette cheered this 2 years ago
- sweet vv cheered this 4 years ago
- Scott Bull cheered this 4 years ago
- AstolatSerenity cheered this 4 years ago
- SWAZ cheered this 4 years ago
- coffeycake90 cheered this 4 years ago
- duckeediva cheered this 4 years ago
- MandaP cheered this 4 years ago