So I’m a bit behind – have a lot of studying to do for this time next week.
www.modern.ie/ Scan for common coding issues in IE and other browsers in seconds.
pimsleurapproach.com/Learn_Language 1)Listen 2)Practice 3)Speak As Seen on PBS - $9.95 w/ Free S&H.
Rachael has written 16 entries about this goal
...and next week I’ll start stages 3 and 4 of the beginner’s Swedish. After that I can do ‘Swedish as a Second Language’, which is far more advanced, and I believe is also more hours (my courses at the moment are only 2 hours a day, 2 days a week).
Although I’m nowhere near fluent, I know a lot of words, and have a few Astrid Lindgren books, in the original Swedish to start reading. At the moment I don’t have my workbooks, as they’re on their way in boxes (with a whole load of other stuff). I do have Erik to talk to, and he is very helpful. I will also try and find an adult learning course here in Umeå. I knew of Folkuniversitet, but their A1 (beginner) course started on the 15th of September, 5 days before I got here. I am positive, and eager, though, so once my residency is sorted, this should be easier.
It’s very good, a proper, all round package, and it’s going all right so far. I’m just happy to be learning.
It was going well in Unit 2, but now I’ve come to an exercise I can’t do (at least, not yet), and now I feel stuck again.
Almost finished unit 2 now, I should try and complete, or at least do half a unit each time, then I can move on to listening to the CDs :)
Argh, well, there are 18 units in the book I’m working through (at the moment I’m writing exercise answers), and I’ve just finished unit 1. Got to start planning my time better, and doing more in the times I do put aside for this.
Where I can write in the exercises that my Teach Yourself Swedish book gives me. Should be another good way of keeping the language in my head. I use lots of different methods so as I’m not just learning the writing, or just the speaking (and let’s not forget listening! Very important).
...I’ve got to get on with this one. I mean, I know I’m not going to be fluent in Swedish by the time I get there in August, but putting it off until then is only going to make it harder to get a job. I have CDs and books, my boyfriend writes a learning Swedish blog and I’ve just downloaded some free word lists from Before You Know It – Rache; get your arse in gear and take this seriously!
Oh, and I’ve signed up for ‘word of the day’, Swedish style :)
Rachael has gotten 69 cheers on this goal.
- Gabriela cheered this 15 months ago
- Bob1623 cheered this 18 months ago
- besidequietwaters cheered this 19 months ago
- runwim cheered this 19 months ago
- thelightfuntastic cheered this 19 months ago
- DocD cheered this 20 months ago
- Gumersinda cheered this 20 months ago
- ShesLikeTheWind cheered this 20 months ago
- moira123 cheered this 20 months ago
- sitruunapuu cheered this 20 months ago
- Zikide cheered this 21 months ago
- kittymamba cheered this 23 months ago
- Alyssa is a singular girl cheered this 2 years ago
- varella cheered this 3 years ago
- SWAZ cheered this 3 years ago
- gowiththeflo cheered this 3 years ago
- M cheered this 3 years ago
- mortonstoe cheered this 3 years ago
- shirley higgins cheered this 3 years ago
- Azumel cheered this 3 years ago
- jimrin cheered this 4 years ago