So it turns out that I can do things I don’t feel like doing… I know it doesn’t sound that amazing but sometimes it is. Thursday night I actually chopped and baked and generally managed to put together a multi-dish super impressive and tasty meal. I also managed to sing to my dogs in a silly fake French accent while doing it a la Little Mermaid. It did cheer me up, especially when Roger LOVED eating it! Hooray for food.
www.marriagemax.com/7-Secrets-Free 7 Secrets to a Better Marriage. "I suggest you read this..."
marriage.webcrawler.com/ Search for A Better Marriage With 100's of Results at WebCrawler
www.amazon.com/NonfictionBooks Millions of titles, new & used. Qualified orders over $25 ship free
QueenChristine has written 7 entries about this goal
So, today I really got cracking, I totally cleaned my two rooms for the week, did some tangible romance with candles, and if I walk the dogs a second time in a minute I’ll be totally hitting the mark since I cooked twice yesterda (and made brownies). Yay me!
A. Domestic Improvement – Did neither more cooking or cleaning in any given week, guess I need to focus.
B. Partnership Improvement – I haven’t checked in with the budget formally, but have done better with less spending, I have walked the dogs twice a day for about a week so if I can hang on to that one I can drop it.
C. Romantic Improvement – I’ve got one week to go with this and I’ll call it done on both self-esteem and tangible love… yeah me!
Hmmm, good goal, poor definition. I’m going to break it down into a couple areas and see if I can tackle it from there. I know, I know, it’s secretly a case plan. At least I can check in with myself to track progress. Plus, I can always edit depending on Roger’s reactions ;)
A. Domestic improvement
1. Cook two meal at home each week for one month
2. Clean two rooms each week for one month.
B. Partnership Improvement
1. Budget better by checking in with Roger sit down style once a week for a month.
2. Walk the dogs twice a day for two weeks.
C. Romantic Improvement
1. Improve my own self esteem by doing something that makes me feel pretty daily for two weeks.
2. Demonstrate my love in a tangible form three times a week for one month.
We’ve started doing devotionals together and are working at it by playing with the dog together.
I’ve been sick this week so mostly he took care of me. It’s hard for me I feel like i’m just sucking the life out of this relationship but I’m feeling better and am going to redouble my efforts.
I want to be a better wife starting now, at the beginning of our marriage so that as we grow together our relationship improves. Lately I’m doing this by nurturing him while he is sick and leaving him little surprising notes.
QueenChristine has gotten 18 cheers on this goal.
- japes cheered this 5 years ago
- sascomo cheered this 5 years ago
- Roger Penguino cheered this 5 years ago
- carpe_diem_for_me cheered this 5 years ago
- chrisandniki cheered this 5 years ago
- Teapartea cheered this 5 years ago
- pandabulltank cheered this 5 years ago
- ooreach cheered this 5 years ago
- CuteNurse cheered this 6 years ago
- boomga cheered this 6 years ago
- ~lg! cheered this 7 years ago
- forgotmyhead cheered this 7 years ago
- Gabriel Knight cheered this 7 years ago
- Brit cheered this 7 years ago
- Katchoo cheered this 7 years ago
- matthea cheered this 7 years ago
- Ariah Fine cheered this 7 years ago
- Pattie A. cheered this 7 years ago