RM has written 19 entries about this goal
This posting is a little late but the boys and I had a great day, actually a few great days lately.
Last weekend and this weekend, we rode bikes (I walked), we went to the park, rented some movies, had a little sleepover in the living room, made pancakes and went to the library.
It’s been really good with them lately and I want to be more grateful and proactive with my time with them. I cancelled going to my adult softball game on Friday night and skipped out out a meeting last Saturday morning so we could sleep in and relax. I feel like with as busy as I am, I’m missing their childhood.
My older son has said he wants to live with his dad. It’s a myriad of things, he’s getting older, he needs a male figure, a lot of things.
I am completely broken and their dad wants to take more time with them. He has been a complete ass and someone who never follows through and now he wants to be Mr. Dad? This is killing me inside and I need to talk with him and my older son. He even wants to switch his schools. I can’t deal with this right now. I mean I have to but I don’t want to.
I attempted a Lego party for my son and I think it was pretty cool. I made Lego Ninjago guys (seen up on my avatar-got the idea from Pinterest) and Lego cupcakes. We had some Lego plates too, store bought. He turned 4 and had a great time.
Here are the cupcakes. I’m gonna call this party a win :)
I’ve introduced my 3 year old to video games.
I have my old, original Nintendo system hooked up in my room and we play Super Mario Bros. together. I like that we play together but I don’t want him hooked.
I maaaaay have created a monster…Luigi is his favorite :)
when after I sneezed in the truck today, my three year old said, “Bless you.”.
I like to think I am leading by example.
I am fully committed to getting my son potty trained this summer, if not by the end of June!
Bring it on!
My poor darling eldest boy wanted to make me breakfast today for Mother’s Day but he’s not feeling well but he reminded me that, “You like taking care of me when I’m sick, so that’s still ok for Mother’s Day.” On one hand it was a bit funny but it was also true. My poor baby.
Happy Mother’s Day to all you moms that kick ass!
My poor 2 year old has a terrible hacking cough and has boogers from here to Timbuktu. He’s so little he can’t take anything to make him feel better either. He wakes up at night and it’s so heartbreaking that I can’t help him much. He has taken some baby Tylenol and has the humidifier on, poor guy.
I hate feeling so helpless and unable to make him feel better.
My cousin and I took our boys to two museums in a nearby today and went and enjoyed some tasty pizza as well. It was really fun although I’m sooo tired. We saw some NASA art and played with my 2 year old in an interactive area at one museum and we saw dinosaur bones, panned for “gold” and learned about the underwater creatures in AZ millions of years ago in another! It was quite a day :)
Each year, instead of Christmas gifts, we are trying to spend time DOING cool things with our kids that will last like making memories. It seems hokey maybe to some, but I know that I’ll remember a trip seeing dinosaur bones rather than some material gift I got for Christmas 2010.
RM has gotten 84 cheers on this goal.
- RosieTheRiveter cheered this 1 month ago
- Living In God's Exquisite, Miraculous Sufficiency cheered this 8 months ago
- twinker_tinker cheered this 9 months ago
- eclectic passion cheered this 9 months ago
- clearthinker cheered this 10 months ago
- Janelle Sennert cheered this 10 months ago
- Smiling to myself today... cheered this 11 months ago
- aka cheered this 13 months ago
- Sweet_Lemon cheered this 13 months ago
- seasonsoflove cheered this 15 months ago
- SoMuchTimeSoLilToDo cheered this 15 months ago
- idkbrblol cheered this 15 months ago
- Sand_Man cheered this 18 months ago
- RubyCheeks cheered this 18 months ago
- Nora cheered this 18 months ago
- Bob1623 cheered this 18 months ago
- Dandere cheered this 18 months ago
- Todd Schoonover cheered this 19 months ago
- lOVeIsXtasY cheered this 20 months ago
- StupendaFanciulla cheered this 20 months ago
- fern cheered this 21 months ago