Do any of you wonder whether the Bots are secretly loving the sinking of the ship with all us still on board?
красивейшая Богиня has written 330 entries about this goal
is ‘candid camera’ the correct term for those prank TV shows?
where funny pranks happen to unwitting passer-bys in the street.
is that the correct generic name for them? or is that an out-dated term?
also: how would you simply describe what ‘toilet humour’ is to foreign students? (intermediate level)
Place your bets ladies, gentlemen and woodland creatures.
When do you think 43T will pull the plug? which exact day…
Winner gets all my cheers for the rest eternity. (43T’s eternity)
Furthering a comment made by Donna
How come we’ve suddenly got all our photos back?
what’s happening? I thought they were letting the site die a natural death… then pull out the ventilator plug at the end of this month
Don’t you lot feel a bit like we’re the last to leave the party?
guests who’ve over-stayed our welcome?
People on PC keep boasting how they’ve shut their accounts on here… yet I’ve still got the exact same number of subscribers (207). Hmmm… guess I can deduce that none of those damn midges subbed to me :(
Have you felt the pinch on your sub numbers?
Now even the 43T logo is missing at times :(
Why do Mollie, IntWomanofMystery, Gottawonder and Spy all still have their avatars and I don’t?! Pure treacherous treason, I tell you! I’m The Exquisite Empress and they’re just plain parishioners of the Kitty worshiping kind.
This question is not about whether you think the French ban on full headscarves in public is right or wrong, but whether you also find their logic contradictory:
‘The court ruled that the ban “was not expressly based on the religious connotation of the clothing in question but solely on the fact that it concealed the face”.’
Then they further with all these exceptions:
“Exemptions from ban on public face covering:
- Motorcycle helmets
- Face masks for health reasons
- Face covering for sporting or professional activities
- Sunglasses, hats etc which do not completely hide the face
- Masks used in “traditional activities”, such as carnivals or religious processions”
With all those exceptions, with sporting, professional activity covering and masks for ‘traditional activities’ permitted, it seems to me that they are very much aiming to exclude face covering that solely stems from the Muslim religion. I mean, christian/catholic carnival masks are permitted. Why is one allowed and not the other? What’s the expression, what’s goose for the gandar?
Is there any logic in what I say or not?
This is not a discussion whether we agree with the ban or not. Just the logic and whether you think the ban is deliberately engineered at banning Muslim covering yet hypocritically/conveniently permitting coverings that suits the French traditions. which to me would imply that the ban is based upon the religious connotations of the clothing.
P.S. still <3 you Jin.
In a cafe the young chap at the table next to mine dropped an ice-cube. It fell on the floor between us. Being the conscientious Emu that I am
not, I felt compelled to pick it up and place it on my saucer in case some unsuspecting customers slipped on it. The guy noticed this.
I thought how it might have been amusing to have picked the ice-cube from the floor, just as I had, and then subtly just popped the ice cube into my own glass of water. Without giving any expression of oddity on my face.
My friend thought it might have been fun to have picked up the ice-cube and put it back in the guy’s glass, while tutting at him.
She also thought maybe I should have rubbed it all over my nipples in this heat… refreshing. But that’s too rude to mention on here.
What other scenario outcomes could have come from this?
Best answer gets a prize gift. I’m the judge
“In Scotland, 79% believed the country should continue to use the pound…. research also suggested 62% of people in Scotland think an independent Scotland should keep the same King or Queen as England…”
Erm, the article shows stats that suggest in the event of Independence Scotland’s majority want to keep the pound, keep the BBC, keep the nuclear missiles, keep The British Monarchy, they’re already their own country with their own Scottish parliament… so if they want to keep the Queen as a head anyway, what exactly do they want from a split from the UK?
I thought part of the drive for independence was a history of hate for the English ruling monarchy that killed their beloved Mary, Queen of Scots.
Any Scots/Brits/Yanks/Europhiles/intellects/Kitties out there that can shed light to this for a confused Emu?
“There can be few languages, or dialects, with a stronger history of slang than Australian English.”
In honour of our foul mouthed MagpieSong, here’s some Aussie slang.
How many of them can you guess?
1 Don’t come the raw prawn with me
2 Go off like a bucket of prawns in the sun
3 His blood’s worth bottling
4 It cost big bikkies
5 Let’s have a Captain Cook
6 Dry as a pommie’s bathmat
7 Flat out like a lizard drinking
8 Mad as a cut snake
9 Rapt as a dunny roll
10 Budgie smugglers
MagpieSong and other Aussies are excluded from this
1) don’t try and put one over on me 2 cause a commotion 3 he’s an excellent, helpful person 4 it was expensive (bikkies = biscuits) 5 (this one’s from cockney rhyming) let’s have a look 6 thirsty 7 flat out, busy 8 very angry 9 very happy 10 tight-fitting skimpy swimming trunks 11 thingummyjig, whatsit 12 toilet 13 sandwiches 14 sausage
красивейшая Богиня has gotten 54 cheers on this goal.
- qglas cheered this 3 months ago
- jimrin cheered this 4 months ago
- gponyinmich cheered this 4 months ago
- UskaDara cheered this 8 months ago
- Tigerman cheered this 11 months ago
- Dean cheered this 11 months ago
- cloud9clare cheered this 12 months ago
- Faustus cheered this 14 months ago
- moniia cheered this 17 months ago
- ~Beautifuldwarf~ cheered this 18 months ago
- Spyrunner cheered this 18 months ago
- iamevoxus cheered this 18 months ago
- Andromeda cheered this 19 months ago
- lob cheered this 19 months ago
- Celtic Christian cheered this 20 months ago
- Maggie Friedrichs cheered this 20 months ago
- She_bites cheered this 21 months ago
- JadedForever cheered this 21 months ago
- amandaperl cheered this 22 months ago
- *Cathy McDowell* cheered this 2 years ago
- calebcraig cheered this 2 years ago