Whew! What a weekend. Yesterday’s birthday party for Isak was amazing – I don’t think it could have gone better. The weather was perfect, and while some people couldn’t make it, others we wouldn’t have seen the previous week did.
The pop-up canopy tents were great, I attached big, colorful balloons all around, we had fresh fruit galore, copious snacks, another cupcake cake (Angry Birds), spray park fun, watergun fights, shrieking balloon chases, croquet, really thoughtful presents and handmade cards, appreciated gift bags… everyone got along really, really well.
It was extra nice to see my parents after their long trip away, my brother and his family came, one of my oldest & dearest friends made it, and our old neighbors too. Isak’s old school friend who he’d lost touch with when they both moved was unexpectedly there and joined the other kids, and there were cousins and a little sister of Isak’s buddy for Iris to play with. It stretched from the planned two hours to nearly six, so we were there for the live bands too, which was a bonus.
Previous party guilt has been fully washed away. It was perfect.
In other good news, my computer may have kicked the bucket, but the soul survived. The Great Computer Guru sent me home with a functional hard drive (it’s alive!) to hook up externally with a usb cord, a fresh ThinkPad that will meet my immediate needs, and a funky little celphone as a handy bonus. I happily sprung for the lot of us to fill up with a delicious Indian buffet afterwards and everyone left happy and utterly stuffed.
Today I’m going to try to exhale, clean up, relax, and ponder new paths. It feels like there are a lot of crossroads, endings, and new beginnings around the corner.
Main focus today: Relax, clean up, get outside, deliver cupcakes, play with technology
- Health: Body test, exercise, water, vitamins, sleep √
- Home: Dishes, garbage, recycling, flylady mission, sort/declutter - 3/5
- Happiness: Joynotes, catch-up entries, mindfulness, photos, me time - 4/5
- Summer learning: Khan Academy, summer journal, summer reading club, Starfall - 4/5
- Relationships: Connect w/3 friends, family game/adventure, read w/kids, downtime w/M √
- Flylady Mission of the Day: 15 min on hidden LR clutter √
- Set up interim laptop, familiarize, get it online - 1/2
- Dabble with freebie cel, look into charger √ – Scored a new one at VV for 1.99!!
- Post weekend, post-party clean-up - Started…
- Rainbow loom band storage plan √ – Another score! re-purposed bright green Polly Pocket carrier!
- Help Isak tidy birthday explosion √
- Type up daily happiness notes √ – (half)
- Drop off cupcakes, play? √
- Outside adventure √
- Transfer photos √
- Organize fridge - Started…
- Library √
- Relax! √
- Bedtime reading with Isak: Continue A Necklace Of Raindrops √ – Finished! Too soon…
- Continue March happiness entries
- Watch/delete DVR: 1 hour √
- Khan Academy √
- Potty practice √ – Super day!
- Music! √
- Read √
- 365 √
- Call cable company re. DVR lockout √ – Issue negated
- Consolidate bookcrossing boxes
- Message re. mortgage tweaking
- Sort + put away clothes (Iris)
- Hang bedroom mirror
- New doorbell