My cravings for alcohol are, essentially, gone. It no longer appeals to me, but I can drink if I think it is the right thing to do at the time. This is new for me. Although mostly in control, I was either in drinking mode or holding out for my next one. Now, it no longer plays a such the definitive role.
www.lastcallprogram.com/ Private, At Home, 8 Week Program. Clinically Proven & Guaranteed.
www.transformationstreatment.com/ Alcohol Rehab With Private Rooms Call To Get Your Life Back Quickly!
www.powertoquit.org/ Online Alcohol Treatment Program 100% private, sign up Free today!
www.drug-alcohol-recovery-centers.com/ Find The Best Private Resort Style Substance Abuse Recovery Center!
SWAZ has written 16 entries about this goal
When I first started this discipline, I thought that it would be hard – It’s not.
I thought I would want to drink heavily on Thanksgiving – I don’t
I had no plans to drink or not beyond Thanksgiving. Now, I think that I will keep not drinking and will reassess every Wednesday. Wednesday is far enough from the weekend to be objective.
I haven’t had Now that I haven’t had a drink in 17 days.
I haven’t had hardly any sleeping problems at all 12 days.
If it was 17 and 17, I would say yes, but I think further research is needed. I would hate to have to choose between alcohol and sleep, but I may have to.
It entailed a paradigm shift, but it was not that hard to pull off. It helps that I have had no social obligations during this period.
I still have no idea what I weigh but I am not down below 210 now, so I stay the course.
It is a lot easier to stop drinking than to moderate it.
..and I am going to ride it until Thanksgiving and probably much further after that.
I am giving up non-ceremonial drinking until I weigh less that 210 pounds
I know what you are thinking. But yeah, I have done before, it has been a decade or so but I know I can do it.
There will be other benefits, but the main goal is weight loss this time.
I plan on drinking on Thanksgiving.
As the party season draws to a close, I must take a moment and ponder about just how out of control my drinking was the past few months.
The parties I can live with. It is the in-between drinking and getting used to a nightly mild buzz that has weighed me down.
I think the next step is obvious, but the question is can I maintain it.
I haven’t been terribly compliant with this of late. I stuck to the limit last night but now I feel that it is not enough. I am going to limit myself to one drink weeknights, down from the present limit of two. I think it is a good idea on many levels.
I have gone over the two drink limit using a variety of rationalizations. However, I haven’t done so this week and I didn’t have any last night after being informed that it is an inflamatory agent.
SWAZ has gotten 32 cheers on this goal.
- gorillagal3 cheered this 6 years ago
- Todd Schoonover cheered this 6 years ago
- blaux cheered this 6 years ago
- ps2boy cheered this 6 years ago
- milkbox 2.0! cheered this 6 years ago
- Toary cheered this 6 years ago
- ~**~mmm ~**~ cheered this 6 years ago
- Alexis793 cheered this 6 years ago
- forgotmyhead cheered this 6 years ago
- pinkhaze cheered this 6 years ago
- bananapancakes cheered this 6 years ago
- C cheered this 6 years ago
- erotic_cookie cheered this 6 years ago
- maritoy cheered this 6 years ago
- Kat cheered this 6 years ago
- Mo7 cheered this 6 years ago
- JudithKD cheered this 6 years ago
- HaruHaru cheered this 6 years ago
- Celeste cheered this 6 years ago
- Des cheered this 6 years ago
- dreamcatcher cheered this 6 years ago