785 Different entries, not counting doubles, triples, and box sets…and some arabic reoords that I can’t read or type an entry for. The confusing compilation albums took a long time. Now I have a handful of 10-inches and a small stack of 7-inches and I am done.
www.contractorrush.com/ Manage Residential Const. Projects. Run Your Business More Efficiently!
www.goalexandria.com/ Award Winning Library Automation Software Free Product Tour
www.libraryworld.com/ Simple powerful library automation service at an affordable price.
www.go-bluestreak.com/ Bluestreak™ MES Enterprise Platform Best of Breed - Tools for Today
SWAZ has written 5 entries about this goal
Now I am into the compilation albums which require more time per record. My three final subgroupings are artist-referenced, compilations and content-referenced .
I am coming up on 600 and have run out of steam. Figuring out a way to file the compilation albums and “content-referenced” material, (as opposed to artist-referenced material), is not an easy fix for some avoiding the use of genres.
I have been handing number one son a short stack to catalog every night. Should be done in another week at this rate…...Then the CDs and of course the cassettes.
A few years back, I wrote a little excel macro that automatically catalogs MP3s on one’s hard drive onto worksheet, but I lost it in a hard drive crash before I could distribute it. If it was still alive I could easily modify it to catalog flacs and oggs too.
With such a huge music collection, I think I will get a lot more enjoyment of it by having a document to browse instead of having to dig through the stacks, racks and files.
I don’t listen to it very much these days. Many of the records I have never listened to. I had it sorted by genre and alphabetical but I wasn’t keeping up with it. Today I decided to resort and catalog the whole thing. I enlisted my number 1 son to help, he did…with a four hour break…that he took in the same room where I was working…
We cataloged 460 titles (477 altogether as I have doubles and triples of some titles). We called it a night after spending many hours. I guess I am about 2/3 through. When I finish, I can just look at the spreadsheet instead of digging through the stacks. Then I can add notes and reviews to the catalog for all of the stuff that I can’t remember or haven’t ever played.
SWAZ has gotten 35 cheers on this goal.
- wren cheered this 8 months ago
- Straha cheered this 14 months ago
- gilloulalal cheered this 22 months ago
- flafi cheered this 2 years ago
- StupendaFanciulla cheered this 2 years ago
- blueberryKiss cheered this 2 years ago
- DiamondMind cheered this 2 years ago
- Ru ~ dig deeper cheered this 3 years ago
- nananaina cheered this 3 years ago
- SmallBlueThing cheered this 3 years ago
- jimrin cheered this 3 years ago
- Endrina cheered this 3 years ago
- ~hopped~ cheered this 3 years ago
- Rachael cheered this 3 years ago
- Decla cheered this 3 years ago
- Discaimer cheered this 4 years ago
- daisyheaded cheered this 4 years ago
- M cheered this 4 years ago
- Digitally Personified (heterotically degenerated) cheered this 4 years ago
- pioneerspirit cheered this 4 years ago
- forgotmyhead cheered this 4 years ago