Yeah, I don’t think so. I just play with colors and shapes on that and it really isn’t the same as sketching. But it makes me remember that I want to do this and I think that the key will be for me not to be too hard on myself when I try. Maybe I will try my hand on some simple objects this week.
www.thedesignhammer.com/ Your idea from concept to reality, CAD and manufacturing services
www.drawing-tutorials-online.com/ Simple and effective drawing tutorials that actually help you.
www.shop411.com/Sketching+Draw Search for Sketching Draw. Compare and Save with Shop411.
www.autodesk.com/Design-Suite Autodesk's Leading CAD Solutions In One Software Suite. Free Download.
realbeautysketches.dove.us/ Is Beauty A Source of Confidence Or Anxiety For You? Dove® Real Beauty
Sessygail has written 6 entries about this goal
While I was out looking for oragami paper, I went to the drawing section and purchased some new sketching pencils, erasers and a small sketchbook. Let the sketching begin.
I couldn’t find my good sketching pencils but I used a good old #2 and played with some lines and shadows. Nothing much but it had been such a long time since I had done anything with it…
That is the name of the class that the Visual Arts Center is offering this fall. And, wonder of wonders, they have a section that starts in November! Normally, I miss out on Fall classes because they typically start in September and we go to Maine for 2 weeks and I don’t want to pay that much to miss 2 or 3 classes. So, I think I am going to sign up for it! Yay, me!
I had lunch at a little Italian place that has white paper table covers and a cup of crayons for those inclined to draw. I picked up a pink crayon and in a few seconds, sketched a bunny rabbit. I didn’t think about it, I just sketched it and I was pleased with the effort. Small steps, you know!
My father was a gifted artist. His father was an artist. Both of my sisters are artists. I always said that my words were my art and I never even tried until a few years ago. One day in 2000, I sat at my desk, which was actually a table with wood burnings done by my grandfather, and decided to see if I could draw one of the images he had burned on the table. It turned out pretty good. So I started sketching things. Bowls and apples and simple things. I worked on it for several weeks. I looked through some of my photos and picked out some to try to copy. The sketch I have included here was one of only 2 complete sketches I did from photos. I felt quite pleased with it. Then it was like I didn’t have any more in me. But I think I do. I want to try again. So, I have pulled out my sketch book and I am going to trade some of my computer time for sketching time and see what I can do.
Sessygail has gotten 28 cheers on this goal.
- nouvelle jen cheered this 1 week ago
- proudauzzie cheered this 2 months ago
- Optionally_Mine cheered this 2 months ago
- elizabethmerchant cheered this 2 months ago
- sweetyblue cheered this 2 months ago
- Donna cheered this 2 months ago
- andesite cheered this 3 months ago
- spaceball cheered this 4 months ago
- littleandfierce cheered this 6 months ago
- Taz cheered this 10 months ago
- JadedForever cheered this 11 months ago
- Dreamer~ cheered this 12 months ago
- Triniprincess cheered this 3 years ago
- Emelle cheered this 5 years ago
- TrishaSmiles... is aHappyHeart<3 cheered this 5 years ago
- Ever mindful cheered this 5 years ago
- Fatboyslim cheered this 5 years ago
- mmefaucon cheered this 5 years ago
- sun_is_shining_2 cheered this 5 years ago
- Luna cheered this 5 years ago
- Peggy Hill cheered this 5 years ago