I made glazed pork chops, roasted potatoes, and corn for dinner Wednesday night. I used the America’s Test Kitchen pork chop recipe, and it came out pretty good. The chops I got were a bit on the thin side, so they were not as tender as I was hoping. The taste was fantastic though! :)
SillyPutty has written 24 entries about this goal
B/C M is unemployed currently and doing all the cooking!
I did have a party for 25 people this weekend and made TONS by myself – pasta salad, muffuletta sandwiches, sausage rolls, brownies (from scratch – to die for!), pie, etc. It was good to have a few days worth of cooking at once!
Was steaks on the grill, corn on the cob, garlic bread, and homemade french fries. Yum!!
M and I made chili in the crock pot. Soooooo good, and we’ve already portioned it out and frozen half of it. It will be so easy to just pull a single-serve container out of the freezer in the morning and it will be ready to re-heat when I get home from work. :)
Eric, Todd and I made fried chicken sandwiches with hash browns – yum!
Because I got luxury box tickets to the Braves-Brewers game on Saturday. The game was exciting til the end, and the Brewers won! Worth skipping dinner. :)
Eric made Swedish Meatballs, and I made homemade egg noodles and sauteed summer squash to go with them. While the noodles were very tasty, they were a huge pain in the rear, so I don’t think I’ll go that route again without a pasta machine. The dough was very elastic, so rolling it out with a rolling pin proved to be extremely difficult.
Last night I made stuffed peppers for dinner (and today’s lunch). They were better than I expected, esp. since I didn’t have a recipe to go by, just my vague memories of my mother making them when I was a child. :)
I made grilled chicken pesto pizzas. I got the dough recipe from America’s Test Kitchen. The dough is super sticky, and Eric’s Cuisinart couldn’t handle it. It started smoking after about 30 seconds – I thought I broke it. I moved the dough to the Kitchenaid and wound up having to add an extra 1 1/2 tablespoons of flour because of the humidity, but it came out fine.
Eric made homemade basil pesto (he grew the basil himself) and roasted and sliced a chicken breast.
I put the dough rounds onto the grill, flipped them and put garlic oil, pesto, fontina cheese and some sliced chicken on top. They were crunchy and delicious. :)
Eric made Alton Brown’s Good Eats Meatloaf, and I made mashed potatoes with 4 cheeses and bacon. Yummy!!
SillyPutty has gotten 40 cheers on this goal.
- GraceinSF cheered this 3 years ago
- gpoodle cheered this 5 years ago
- chocmum cheered this 5 years ago
- Justme2575 cheered this 6 years ago
- picamika cheered this 6 years ago
- carabou cheered this 6 years ago
- PasadenaSue cheered this 6 years ago
- Dee cheered this 6 years ago
- LindsayAN cheered this 6 years ago
- erichtoebe cheered this 6 years ago
- Sarah cheered this 6 years ago
- Curlychaos cheered this 6 years ago
- lottacola cheered this 6 years ago
- radflamom cheered this 6 years ago
- Kiki's waiting at the gate cheered this 6 years ago
- dreamingbree cheered this 6 years ago
- yebw cheered this 6 years ago
- efbq cheered this 6 years ago
- Napalousa cheered this 6 years ago
- JudithKD cheered this 6 years ago
- Waterfall Nymph cheered this 6 years ago