Well, I have been living in China for less than two weeks. I’ve met a few people, but no one that I think I could really be comfortable with. I think its easier to make friends when you already have a few lined up because then there isn’t the same pressure. I think when I move somewhere new and don’t have any friends I give off this odour of desperation that drives people away….
www.singleparentmeet.com/ View 1000's of Pictures & Videos of Single Parents Online. Join Free!
www.true.com/ Browse Photos & Meet Singles Online Post Profile & Search Free!
www.searchinq.com/WebsitesToMeetNew People. Try SearchInQ for Answers, Results and Great Info!
www.pluswho.com/ Find platonic girlfriends in your local area. Women only! 100% Free
StephersonAirplane has written 7 entries about this goal
I really am starting to get better at this. On my recent trip I made a few new friends and was able to experience more of the local culture than I would have otherwise. Hopefully this will get even easier in the future because its tiring that it always takes a few hours of talking to people before I feel like I can start to relax!
Maybe I should try and make friends with this “cheer goblin”. I was thinking of adding a goal to meet the goblin and give it a piece of my mind. However, then I would end up having 50 thousand entries on that one goal because everyday I would end up raging, “When I get my hands on that cheer goblin…” This will put a more positive (happy) spin on this! : )
So this morning a co-worker sat down with me and asked if myself and mannysworld would come over to dinner to meet this woman she know’s that is new in town from France. Hooray, I really am starting to feel like I am on a roll with this one!
I made a new friend at work. We have always chatted at work, and I thought she was really funny. The other day we met up outside of work and ended up spending the whole day together. She is really fun and crazy and she makes me laugh constantly. I’m really glad that I made this a goal for myself.
I decided to get around the whole being kind of shy thing by re-making friends with people I have fallen out of touch with over the years. I highly recommend it. It is really neat talking to people you haven’t been able to for awhile…unless you find out they are all successful doctors…. Just kidding! : )
So although I never actually made a conscious goal of making new friends, it has been in the back of my mind for the last year or so. I moved to a new city about a year ago, and didn’t think it would be that hard to make new friends but it is. When I was younger I found it easy to just approach people and talk to them, but with every year I find my social skills going down the toilet. I am constantly unsure of myself, and wondering if when I meet people I give of this stink of desperation…an aura of “please be my friend”.
StephersonAirplane has gotten 55 cheers on this goal.
- asforme cheered this 14 months ago
- Rebecca cheered this 4 years ago
- ntg cheered this 4 years ago
- lilythelily cheered this 4 years ago
- LA2006 cheered this 5 years ago
- hojouri cheered this 5 years ago
- ladybird81 cheered this 6 years ago
- forgotmyhead cheered this 6 years ago
- Carm cheered this 6 years ago
- msspider cheered this 6 years ago
- ABeautifulLie cheered this 6 years ago
- bmw036 cheered this 6 years ago
- sdefendis cheered this 6 years ago
- Pete cheered this 6 years ago
- Rebekah cheered this 6 years ago
- JamSmooth cheered this 6 years ago
- pfeffy hopes she's back to 43T cheered this 6 years ago
- ume cheered this 6 years ago
- newleaves cheered this 6 years ago
- stevetheking cheered this 6 years ago
- Digitally Personified (heterotically degenerated) cheered this 6 years ago