I follow many blogs, some of them from Australia. The bloggers are sharing with the world their stories of what is happening ‘down there’. First they had tremendous heat and now, these devastating fires. I can’t imagine, entire towns are gone. My prayers are with the residents of Australia, hoping that you all safely get out of harm’s way, as quickly as you can.
www.christianprayercenter.com/ Need Prayer? Prayer from Thousands of Christians
www.articlesbase.com/Articles Explore Articles & Answers On this topic at ArticlesBase.com
www.bjnewlife.org/ All about the Lord’s Prayer How does Jesus want us to pray?
Sundays Child ~ Faith, Hope & Love ♥ has written 4 entries about this goal
Prayer is neither black magic nor is it a form of demand note. Prayer is a relationship.
A conversation requires two parts: talking and listening. When only we are talking, that is a monologue. When someone lectures, we listen. Prayer can be a form of conversation, yet if we examine the way we pray we may find it’s a monologue.
We pray to ask for answers or guidance, to express our gratitude, and to bless those we care for. It’s wonderful to open up a channel to our Higher Power by beginning the conversation, but unless we allow time to listen we will never really develop a dialogue.
We can begin to change our way of praying. We can limit our requests so we are not listing a series of wishes or demands. We can ask for patience to listen and then allow a few moments to listen. The answers will come to us and our guidance will be given when we are truly ready to receive them. An equal balance of talking and listening will help strengthen our relationship with our Higher Power.
I will pray and then listen, to allow my Higher Power some time to communicate with me.
I have always been told that it is wrong for me to pray for something selfish for myself, like say .. winning the lottery, but that it’s okay to pray for wisdom, guidance, willingness, understanding, patience, etc.
I have a lot of weight to lose. A lot. Is it improper for me to pray to ask God to help me with this weight loss, to give me strength and take away my pounds?
I am setting this up as a daily reminder to be emailed to me. I feel so much better after praying, but sometimes I fall asleep before I remember to do it. I don’t find it a chore at all, to me it’s a pleasurable event in my day.
Sundays Child ~ Faith, Hope & Love ♥ has gotten 23 cheers on this goal.
- cats5kids3 cheered this 15 months ago
- Katie77 cheered this 21 months ago
- gitana17 cheered this 2 years ago
- thislittlelight cheered this 2 years ago
- SugarVixen cheered this 3 years ago
- slamdunks cheered this 4 years ago
- It cheered this 4 years ago
- Phie cheered this 4 years ago
- Noodles84 cheered this 4 years ago
- Brain_stoorm cheered this 4 years ago
- HEHinze cheered this 4 years ago
- love2u cheered this 4 years ago
- xenologue cheered this 4 years ago
- morethansparrows cheered this 4 years ago
- _Lara_ cheered this 4 years ago
- Teacup cheered this 4 years ago
- MamaKitty cheered this 4 years ago
- milky twilight cheered this 4 years ago
- misslady1031 cheered this 4 years ago
- Sister Golden Hair cheered this 4 years ago
- zeplin912 cheered this 5 years ago