Haven’t done this thing for quite a while. I am going to list the things that make me happy lately.
1. After 2 years of foreclosure to our dream home and being renters for 2 years, we were able to save to buy a tiny 2-bedroom condo. And yes! our offer got accepted and we’ll be moving to our own condo next month! The new place is even smaller than our current rental property, so I have to get rid of a lot of stuff before moving. (Even though I’ve been through this 2 years ago, it’s still hard to do it again.)
2. Frank had a rough start in the beginning of 2nd grade. He received warnings in school often. But we’ve been working hard together and I am glad to report that Frank had 6 continuous days of “Green” in school, which is a great improvement. (“Green” is good.)
3. I started wearing my braces on 8/26. It’s been less than 3 months and I’ve already seen a lot of progress on my lower front teeth!
4. I’ve been working out daily for 15-30 mins daily in the past 2 months. My abs are flatter now!
1. There’s no school tomorrow and Friday!
2. Frank had a great day in school and Jiu Jitsu class.
3. My tutor student is doing really well and we’re almost done with book 1!
1. Today is my old friends Day. I took a day off from school today and had breakfast with one friend and lunch with another! I haven’t seen these 2 friends for more than 18 months.
2. My old classmate sent me message on facebook, which adds to the 3rd old friend.
3. I finally know one major problem with my CBEST essay！
It’s been a long time since my last entry! Once the school started, not only Frank goes to school and I work/help at school full time, too.
I don’t think I can keep up with all my things, but would like to do “Three things that make me happy” at least.
1. Frank had a great day today. He remembered to bring everything back from school and he even finished his homework in school!
2. Called my mom the other night and knew she and my dad are watching my facebook. So, I decided to post 1 or 2 photos daily for them. I am posting one here, too. Frank was so cute drawing his eyes as a “soccer player”!
3. We already started center rotations with the new students (kindergartners) since last week. Although it’s much more work for teachers, but the kids are learning their Mandarin Chinese much faster than the kids last year!
1. Wow! It’s September already!!!
2. I went to Dollar store and the store owner comment that : “You look 10 years younger! What did you do?” Ha ha! This certainly is the best thing I heard lately! I really need to write a thank you card to the eye doctor who did the LASIK surgery for me. I feel like a new person after getting rid of my glasses. I am also learning to apply eye makeup as I was never able to do that before (couldn’t really see anything without the glasses on my eyes.)
3. It’s been a week since I got my braces. It seems less painful now, but I still can eat anything but liquid drinks. I wish I could fast forward the time of wearing braces. Wouldn’t it be great if I could have my teeth straighten as fast as my LASIK surgery? Anyway, one week passing means one week less to the better smile. :-)
1. I got my braces today! I have to say it’s not a pleasant procedure, but I am glad that it’s started. My teeth and gum actually became extremely sensitive after the deep cleaning last week and it’s hard for me to eat and drink. It’ll only make the things worse after I have my braces, but I guess this is what I need to endure to get the result I want. I’ve only had a box of chocolate milk and a bottle of Ensure so far whole day, but I can’t eat anything.
2. I renewed Frank’s membership at Boys and Girls club yesterday, so that I can leave him there for one day camp while I went to the dental clinic. Apparently Frank had a good time there when I pick him up, and that was quite a relief for me. He might want to go again next week.
3. I actually can’t think of the 3rd happy thing today because I am not feel comfortable with my new braces. My teeth are sore and I look extremely ugly and I don’t want to have eye contact with others in stores. I can’t even speak normally. But I need to try my best to do this because I want to be a positive model for Frank. So, here’s the 3rd happy thing. Even though I look so ugly and not feel well now, I know in 1 year and half, I’ll have a better smile and healthier teeth.
1. Took Frank to Science Center. We haven’t been to Science center for a while. This is Frank’s all time favorite place to go. There’re new exhibits through out the center and Frank had so much fun playing there.
2. Had a better sleep last night.
3. I am able to eat more because my teeth feel less sore.
1. I love the weather and blue sky in San Diego!
2. Frank and I are still on our summer vacation! :-)
3. I got 4 teeth pulled last Saturday and it seems healing well. If the wounds all healed on this Friday’s check up, I’ll start to wear my braces.
1. Received books I ordered from Taiwan’s online bookstore! I am going to lean some basic skin care and makeup techniques so that I could better take care my aging skin.
2. Set up a makeup area in the master bedroom. Brought back many bottles from Taiwan and now they all have their places to go.
3. Got a clip-on lamp for my bedtime reading. :-)
1. Schedule my first dental treatment appointment with the clinic. I’ll be pulling off 4 teeth and get the deep cleaning on my teeth before the actual braces.
2. I had someone to install UV shield film for my the windshield and front windows in my minivan. I am getting many dark spots on my left side face, which was definitely caused by the UV ray while driving. This seems to be the only solution I could find after searching on the web. It cost $189 to install the tinting film for the 3 panels, hopefully it’ll help prevent further damages to my face while driving.
3. Went to Jezzercise for 1hr dancing.