31) I’m far too hard on myself. I dwell on my failures and rarely celebrate the victories.
32)I believe that people are capable of anything they choose to aim for. It is cliche, but where there is a will there’s a way. If there is something holding you back it is probably yourself.
33) I can’t watch movies about animals, they always make me cry.
34) I think that life should be light hearted. If you take things too seriously they will only weigh you down.
35) Some days I think I know exactly who I am, other days I feel like I have no clue.
26) I trust the wrong people too easily and the right people not enough.
27) I always see the best in people and always believe that people will do the right thing. The down side is that I’m often blind to the bad things in people that I should be more aware of.
28) If I’m really tired or really hungry, chances are I’ll be really crabby too.
29) If I think something will be a fun or worthwhile experience I will find the time and the money to do it. There will be chances to save money later and I can sleep when I’m dead.
30) I believe in a higher power, but not religion.
21) I used to be unsure about getting married but now I know that marriage and a family are something I absolutely want. I will do everything I can to be a good partner and mother.
22) I don’t give up on things that I believe in. Especially people that I believe in. I am a determined person to the very end.
23) I can be resistant to change, but I have accepted that it is necessary. And I disagree with people who tell you not to change because if it makes you a better person then you should change.
24) I believe in forgiveness. People make mistakes, say things they don’t mean, get lost and forget who they are. But everyone deserves a second chance and an opportunity to find their way back.
25) I don’t put too much weight on astrology but I find it interesting. As a Taurus I am subject to becoming too comfortable in a routine and this is completely true about me. I look back and this has been a problem in many relationships. But now that I know it is a problem I can be aware of it and do better.
16) I like to be very busy, I don’t know what to do with myself otherwise. I feel like there are so many things I want to accomplish in life that I have to keep going constantly.
17) I love to travel to other places, but I also love having a place to come home to.
18) I can be happy and have fun doing just about anything as long as I’m with the right people.
19) I like to think that I’m always right. Maybe that comes from being the oldest child? It’s something I’m working on…
20) As much as I like to think I’m right, sometimes I feel like I can’t do anything right.
11) It is in my nature to be a caregiver. I like that quality in myself although it sometimes causes me to lose myself or forget to be myself.
12) I believe in the power of love (as cheesy as that sounds). I believe that love can get you through anything. But I also believe that love is work sometimes and you have to be open to that also.
13) It disappoints me that money is so important. I wish that I could be free to enjoy everyday and do the things that make me happy. Take time to help those around me and make the world a better place. But I have to work over 40 hours a week just so that I have a place to live and have food to eat. Why is it that the jobs that actually do good for the world or for other people pay so little?
14) I’m still learning who I am. I will probably always be learning that. I hope to never stop changing and growing into a better person.
15) As much as I believe in love, I sometimes wonder what the point is. It seems that almost no one can figure out how to stay happy/stay together. Why don’t people want to do the work to create a lasting partnership?
6) I don’t take criticism well. It is something I’m working on, but I’m sure it will always be hard to hear someone tell you that you’re doing something wrong.
7) I love art and photography. I would love to fill my apartment with originals from local artists or people that I encounter while travelling.
8) I think I was born to be a mother. I love working with children and it is something that has always come naturally to me. I look forward to having children when I reach the right point in my life.
9) I can be very insecure. I was such a dorky kid and I never really grew out of that. I always feel like people are judging me.
10) I don’t ever want to stop having fun. No matter where life takes me, no matter how old I get. Life should be FUN.
I recently had a heartbreak, I am no longer with the person I believed was the love of my life. The person who I had been talking about marriage and kids with. He just up and quit on me three weeks ago. He was a poor communicator and didn’t tell me that anything was bothering him until he couldn’t take it anymore. The sad part is that they would’ve been easy things to fix or work through. What is even more sad is that I feel like he assumed so many things about me instead of actually trying to get to know me. So much for love.
I’m starting this list as a way to identify things about myself that I think others should know. And also as a way to remind myself of what I need to let others see in me if they are going to truly get to know me.
1) I am not a morning person. Wake me up at your own risk, because it could get ugly. But give me five minutes after waking up and I’ll be bright and cheery.
2) Although I seem self-assured and confident in social situations, I can actually be very shy. Especially when meeting groups of people at one time.
3) I cry easily. About happy or sad things. I wish it didn’t happen so easily because it is sometimes very embarassing.
4) I am compassionate and loving to a fault. I can see the good in someone even after they have caused me terrible hurt.
5) I would do anything for anyone in my life that I love. Friends, family or significant other.