A new year, always makes the best time to restart reading the Bible. I’m going with a plan over on YouVersion which would allow me to keep track of my reading and record my progress. I’m hoping this works. Giving it until March, if not I’ll have to find another way to get this goal completed. Right now, re-reading Genesis and Matthew, as well as new books of Ezra and Acts.
www.ucg.org/bible-study-aid You Can Understand Bible Prophecy. Order Your Own Free Copy Today!
www.shop411.com/The+Open+Bible Find our Lowest Possible Price! Search for The Open Bible
www.dailybibleguide.com/ Passages, Daily Quotes, Verses & More with the Free Bible Toolbar
www.audible.com/Bibles Download now and listen instantly. Over 100,000 titles, just $7.49!
Triniprincess has written 5 entries about this goal
I’m really moving at a slow crawl with this!
Exodus was really interesting! I love the Moses being called to be a leader part. It really reminded me of my call and the responsibility I have in my position. It also removed (most of) the doubts in my mind about my unsuitability to lead anyone! Moses’ job was a huge undertaking and with his temper, I still think he handled it well! I know for sure I would have given up on the Israelites a looong time ago! ... and would have stroke more than a rock! But I guess this is what I love about this book…it shows why patience and humility is so important and how it goes hand-in-hand with being a good leader. Something I need to remember!
I’m so excited about this. I’ve decided to start over and try a new approach (which was obviously needed). So I’m doing an online 1 year plan which gives me two Old Testament, one New Testament and a Psalm or Gospel chapter per day. It allows you to read online, mark your progress, highlight, make notes and view the notes of others. It’s pretty good, as opposed to the strick book to book reading on my own which was never getting done. So now I have a guide and a measuring stick and I hope the motivation continues.
(finally) Read and studied! I love Esther’s determination and the will power, even when she had to go against the laws. She did what she had to do without knowing what the outcome would be…that radical action to stand up for what is right and what she believes in is such an inspiration. Chapter 4:16 …. ”...and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish”. There are times you just reach a place where you can’t do anything but go unto the King. It’s at times like these especially when you think He won’t accept you and you reach the state of desperation and say….if I perish, I perish. That kind of faith I would like to possess one day.
I’ve changed my goal from simply “Read the Bible” to this. It will be easier to me to make headway by targeting one particular book to indulge in and marking it as done and moving on until I read the Bible in it’s entirety.
I’ve tried reading from Genesis, from Matthew and continue…but somewhere around the road I just fall off the bandwagon. So I’ll be reading based upon what I need spiritually at that time. I’ve started with Esther.
Triniprincess has gotten 81 cheers on this goal.
- forwarddc cheered this 5 months ago
- amandaperl cheered this 5 months ago
- Laura McCleery cheered this 7 months ago
- proudauzzie cheered this 8 months ago
- calebcraig cheered this 12 months ago
- Rudiano Bambino cheered this 14 months ago
- malenaxsiempre cheered this 18 months ago
- zbjg23 cheered this 21 months ago
- Bernita cheered this 2 years ago
- dragonfly35 cheered this 2 years ago
- andi_dufresne cheered this 2 years ago
- soulsistaa cheered this 2 years ago
- embracing_freedom_fully cheered this 2 years ago
- xXmusetteXx cheered this 2 years ago
- Ana cheered this 2 years ago
- Queen Esther cheered this 2 years ago
- EllieFunt cheered this 2 years ago
- 080906 cheered this 2 years ago
- Cats&Scales cheered this 2 years ago
- h.g. ~happiness cheered this 2 years ago
- creativekitty cheered this 2 years ago