Mon – Yoga class
Weds – Pilates class
ume has written 19 entries about this goal
Mon – Yoga class
a local health facility to help out with this goal. It’s a swim centre but they also run gym classes every evening. It’s a bit old so the price of membership is reasonable (although they are renovating in the middle of the year so I don’t know what will happen then…). My aim is to go at least 3 x a week to justify the membership, either to swim or to attend a class.
Mon – 1 x Yoga class
Tues – 1 x Cardio class
Weds – 1 x Pilates class
is to start some kind of exercise routine, even if it’s only an interim one. Last year, before relocating, I had a gym membership and was using it regularly. Fast-forward to the past few months where I’ve been doing…nothing. We’re still getting settled in, and pretty low on cash, so joining another gym is out of the question right now. I think it’s going to have be walking to start off with. That should help with my other goal which is to lose the 2kg that have crept on, a combination of Christmas and just generally being out of my usual routine since we’ve moved.
to do this when you have the luxury of time. Taking three weeks off work to write has also meant that I’ve have plenty of time to go to gym, meditate and cook good meals. Every afternoon, when I get home from writing, I walk around to the market and pick out some fresh fish and vegetables for dinner. Watermelon is in season here too, so we usually have that afterwards. I am still usually tired at the end of the day, but pleasantly so – not exhausted in a wiped out kind of way. Just under two weeks left.
Another mixed week…
Eating pretty healthily and making my own lunch most of the time.
Only went to the gym once (again)suppose it’s better than not going at all…
– Next acupuncture this Thursday
– Did ok with the meditation, shocking week for going to bed late
– Finally bought flax oil
– No excercises done from Healing Code
Number. 1 goal for this week is to get into bed at a reasonable hour every night and try to moderate time on internet.
The first week of my spring clean was a bit of a mixed bag – some things went well, some didn’t go so well…
I ate pretty well – more so in the beginning of the week than the end. Had to resort to white rice for lunch on Thurs/Fri. Dinners on the whole were good and only skipped breakfast once, a major improvement.
Only went once to the gym…
– Had acupuncture appointment, going back in a week
– Did lots of meditation, but struggled to cut down on internet time or go to bed at a reasonable hour. Need to try something else…
– Forgot to buy flax oil
– Neglected to do excercise from Healing Code
on my spring clean. Did 2×20 minute guided meditations. Cooked soup and put some in the freezer. Made lunch for tomorrow at work – hopefully I’ve got enough to last two or three days.
I feel like my batteries need recharging at the moment – work’s been stressful and I’ve been picking up every bug going around the past month. So I’ve decided to come up with my own version of a health spring clean to get myself back on track…
– No refined sugar or white rice
– Eat breakfast every morning, make lunches (this should be interesting…)
– Gym 2-3 x a week
– Do one excercise from the Healing Code every week
– Limit internet at night and use extra time to make sure I meditate for at least 20 mins
– Take Bach Flower remedy I just bought 4 x a day, every day until finished
– Buy flax oil on Monday and take every morning
- Schedule an extra acupuncture session this month
The plan is to start tomorrow and keep it going until the holiday on the 18th of May. A lot of the things on the list are things I’ve been trying to do anyway but it feels good to have it all down in one place and to give myself a timeframe.
is currently suffering from what could only be termed as chronic neglect. Not too much improvement going on at the moment…
Today is the first time I have ever managed to write, go to the gym and meditate all on the same day!
Gym – I’m slowly getting back into a routine. It’s working best when I go in my lunch break. I don’t end up with time for a long session but I figure something is better than nothing. Today I managed 25 mins on the treadmill (10 mins running).
Acupuncture – I’m going twice monthly at the moment and I’m really happy with my acupuncturist and the treatments.
Lunch – I’m making lunch almost every day at the moment. Breakfast needs some work – i.e. I’m not having it!
I’m also reading a good book called the Healing Code and am getting a lot out of it. Overall I’m feeling pretty positive about where I’m at right now.
ume has gotten 75 cheers on this goal.
- PurpleHeather cheered this 5 years ago
- undercover_laura cheered this 5 years ago
- Elyse_Mtl cheered this 5 years ago
- Skoshi-Bit cheered this 5 years ago
- Down to One cheered this 6 years ago
- Forever_young cheered this 6 years ago
- Barracuda48 cheered this 6 years ago
- Simon - firstname.lastname@example.org cheered this 6 years ago
- catspajamas cheered this 7 years ago
- Timid Magick cheered this 7 years ago
- Adar cheered this 7 years ago
- jimrin cheered this 7 years ago
- SWAZ cheered this 7 years ago
- Nathan Coppedge cheered this 7 years ago
- lob cheered this 7 years ago
- milkbox 2.0! cheered this 7 years ago
- brokenlullaby cheered this 7 years ago
- ~lg! cheered this 7 years ago
- gorillagal3 cheered this 7 years ago
- lynnorajean cheered this 7 years ago
- funkyChicken cheered this 8 years ago