I took my friend from work to her first ever Zumba class and she absolutely loved every second of it. Fantastic! Another convert.
Absnasm has written 125 entries about this goal
- a just ridiculously fun weekend with M, J and D in Scarborough. The pictures are making me cry with laughter. I <3 my friends.
- Another productive and fun day at work
- Getting things done
- Two funny dogs
- Nice text messages
- Lovely aches from Bokwa last night
1. A great day at work
2. A wander round the town where I work revealed rather good shopping potential and several very cheap threaders. Yay!
3. G said I was beautiful.
4. An excellent Zumba class with disco lights!
5. Things are terrifying but exciting.
I have been having a truly horrible time lately. Just awful, and I can’t talk about it online (sorry). So I need to start doing these again.
1. I love my job(s)! They are so interesting! I don’t even mind getting up in the morning.
2. A great morning at work. It’s good to feel useful.
3. Had a good idea for two birthday presents.
4. Was able to help L out this afternoon when she was ill.
5. Bumped into Y in town and handed L over to her.
6. G said I was a good friend and came to me at the cafe, and we had a nice chat.
7. A woman gave me her parking ticket so I didn’t have to pay parking.
8. A great workshop with six clubbers inc one newbie, and two of my regulars were super-enthusiastic about my work.
9. A productive and honest chat with N from the cafe about my arrears – says he may be able to cut them in half and halve my future rent, which would make it more feasible for me to carry on running the workshops.
10. Y said D said I had beautiful skin. Aw!
11. Supportive and lovely text and messages from friends.
1. Starting off with a bit of a bummer, I’m afraid. HA’s brother has had a stroke, aged just 30. It happened three days ago. It has affected his speech badly, and his cognitive processes – he can’t work out how to do things like use a phone or put shoes on. But the good news is that he is improving every day – yesterday he managed two whole sentences, and today he managed to say “biscuits”, albeit after three minutes of shouting “bigots”. Fingers crossed for him – he is handling it so well. I would be crying with frustration by now.
2. Hooooooooray though! My lovely lovely Agent99 is coming for a visit in just over an hour! I haven’t seen her in about five years. She is staying at mine for two nights and hopefully tomorrow we are going to go to the beach with Paper and play frisbee.
3. A good workshop.
4. Free soup from G.
5. Bumping into my ex (the rock climber) and giving him a big congratulatory hug (he has been awarded access to his son, finally).
1. A productive, rewarding and fun day at work (did I mention I love my job? I love my job).
2. A fun evening out
a) noodles with Y and D
b) Y’s art show opening to great success
c) over to a lovely pub for birthday drinks with V
d) took Y drunk shopping in Tesco and she bought hilarious things (random quote: “Shall I buy one Brussels sprout?”
3. Home alone (HA is away on a jaunt) to a crisp sandwich, some internet time, a cup of tea, an episode of Jane Eyre on Netflix and wonderful sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep in a bed all to myself.
1. Made a good business deal this morning.
2. A satisfying day at work.
3. Held a baby this morning.
4. A fab Zumba class, and several of my friends came.
5. Red Dwarf on Netflix.
1. New job! Or rather, much more of a job than I thought I was getting.
2. A certain rather famous beauty writer with whom I am internet pals read about my new job and PMd me for my address because she wants to send me new-job makeup! Eeeeeep!
3. Saw a dog with its head sticking out of a car window, smelling all the smells.
4. A lovely day.
5. A fab Zumba class.
6. A lovely assistant in Boots gave me a £5 No7 voucher that someone at her till didn’t want, to help me celebrate my new job with a lovely lippy.
7. Watched a great Aziz Ansari gig with HA.
1. Enjoyed work today – my new job is tiring but shaping up to be pretty cool.
2. A great Zumba class, and one of the new routines turns out to be Caipirinha, which is an old favourite of mine from a year or so ago. Ace!
3. Found out today when the new Bokwa classes are starting next week! So excited to do Bokwa, it’s fun.
Absnasm has gotten 17 cheers on this goal.
- notlikeothers253 cheered this 12 months ago
- PurpleHeather cheered this 15 months ago
- Rouenpucelle cheered this 15 months ago
- octoberclovered cheered this 16 months ago
- Agent 99 cheered this 16 months ago
- Bradley Anderson cheered this 17 months ago
- indeedy cheered this 17 months ago
- weallareone cheered this 18 months ago
- yogamom cheered this 18 months ago
- jimrin cheered this 18 months ago
- Dead7and_Dreaming cheered this 19 months ago
- yakuza cheered this 6 years ago
- MarieStardust cheered this 6 years ago
- milkbox 2.0! cheered this 6 years ago
- Des cheered this 6 years ago
- dwlt cheered this 6 years ago
- Ellie cheered this 6 years ago